Bike jacking

Stifffler

Hi guys, a mate and I went cycling this morning past that dreaded kempton park hot spot. Please be careful out there as they pulled guns on us and took phones etc, luckily some passing traffic chased them away and managed to get bikes back.

To the taxi, the gentleman in his whit dbl cab and the gautrain bus driver, thank you. We owe you!! South Africa needs more of you guys out there and less of these knobs trying to take what's not theirs.

Be safe

If you new it was a hotspot how come you still rode there?

Glad to hear all ok.

its not a nice experiance. Been there... 3 times

Not to far from the Vw in kempton park, Pretoria road and I believe they like to jack the guys near the holiday inn, same road as simba chips. They have the train station closely so easy for them to getaway.

Cheers

If you new it was a hotspot how come you still rode there?

Glad to hear all ok.

its not a nice experiance. Been there... 3 times

"Been there ...3 times" same spot ?

"Been there ...3 times" same spot ?

Nope.. Different spots each time. Needless to say I am very wary of where, when and how I ride these days, if its not a dedicated bike park

Not to far from the Vw in kempton park, Pretoria road and I believe they like to jack the guys near the holiday inn, same road as simba chips. They have the train station closely so easy for them to getaway.

Cheers

Yup - definite hotpost that. Under the bridge as well as turning right past the Holiday Inn and up Simba Hill.

It's a no go zone for me.

Farkin bastards - I hate having to change my life because of crime.

Glad you're OK.

There's been a lot of jackings there, think they also have a good visibility and can hide nicely in the bushes, haven't been out there in a while but i know even the Edenglen guys altered their route even with 5 odd of them riding. Safety is more important than saving the 5 odd minutes.

Why do people still ride there? Let alone walk there... Im from CPT and have seen many a dodgy character hanging around that area when im up there for work, regularly.

Its been an issue for ages now.. why take the risk?

Glad u got your bikes back but seriously, plan a better route next time..

Well you could share the story and warn other cyclists. Meaning you are still alive. Glad you got your bikes back and thanks for sharing this :)

They should try that nonsense with the Benoni group.

Got caught by them on Atlas road once. One of the their guys crossed wheels and he bounced hard.

They left him for dead...

They should try that nonsense with the Benoni group.

Got caught by them on Atlas road once. One of the their guys crossed wheels and he bounced hard.

They left him for dead...

Please tell us more which group when?