Rant: CWC Green Point

Hairy

Dale I will most likely pop in myself, byt cwc are running a business so nothing is expected from them in any way.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale I will most likely pop in myself, byt cwc are running a business so nothing is expected from them in any way.

Yeah, I know.

Diligent and respectful customer engagement is expected though.

Edited by ' Dale

RANT: after being a avid CWC supporter and

advocate I am now seriously disappointed.

Following my experience at the Green point stores

opening and subsequently my interaction with the

stores manager again today I will not do business

with the Green Point CWC store again until matters

are resolved or the manager moves elsewhere.

Typing on my cell so not really in a position to put

my thoughts into written words, but will do so on

Monday and also phone CW cnr or jnr.

A most disappointed client

Jerome Le Sueur

Jerome, so sorry to hear of your inconvenience!! I have your goods here now at the GP store, also I can bring it to you in TableView this afternoon when I am back that side after work.

Once again we are very sorry for your frustrations, store has been open a week and we are amping to be full speed ahead providing excellent service ASAP!!

Hoping to join you guys on the commutes and TM ride now that I am back in town :)

Cheers,

Rae

Hi Hairy

Sorry, this must have been a misunderstanding.

Our Online Stock is being run from our Durbanville's branch, and is a different stock warehouse than Greenpoint. (stock control reasons)

So we cant pull stock from GP. You can comment and say you would like it to be delivered to GP, but this will only be available the next day for collection. (again for stock control, or even the item not being available at GP branch)

We apologize for the manner our Manager handled it, and will follow this up with him!

Sorry once again for all the loose ends, our new branch is something new, and trying our best to get it running smoothly.

Don't you just love to hear this?

Yes the item is on the shelf but we can't let you have it.

Yes you have paid for it but we can't let you have it.

Yes you have driven over here to collect and we confirmed it is ready for collection but we can't let you have it.

Time to retire the cardex and get a proper system......... it is 2013.

Thanks for the offer Rae, I think I will take you up on that offer as the grips could do well to be on the bije for tomorrows ride.

You should have my no there as cw cnr just called me and we can make arrangements to meet when you get to table view.

CWC jnr and snr, thank thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback cwc.

Please just note that the email I received stated my goods were ready for collection.

To prevent further confusion, please could your page when you select your delivery collection method on the site please cover the "collect next day" option if you would like to collect in gp

I have had some K#k even when collecting online purchases from the Durbanville store. I ordered some Michelin Pro Race tyres and went to collect only to be told I can't collect because it was an online purchase. If I wanted to collect from th store I would have to pay the full retail not the discounted price. I think the look on my face must have made Willemse snr step in and remedy the situation because I got my tyres (already paid for online) and was offered what ever else I wanted at a discount (10% IIRC)

I walkd out with a pair of Sidi Mtb shoes too.

The Willemse's themselves are focussed on helping their customers but some of their staff treat their role in the store as just a job. Thats where the k#k starts.

I have no dog in this fight but the online purchase can be inproved. A stock item is a stock item so if an online purchase needs to be moved to another store it can be done virtually. All depends on how the "Shop" and warehouse stock are managed in the database / ERP system

Thanks for the offer Rae, I think I will take you up on that offer as the grips could do well to be on the bije for tomorrows ride.

You should have my no there as cw cnr just called me and we can make arrangements to meet when you get to table view.

CWC jnr and snr, thank thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

cool, yeah I have your number from a few months ago, leaving this side just after 2pm. Will call you.

Hi Hairy

Sorry, this must have been a misunderstanding.

Our Online Stock is being run from our Durbanville's branch, and is a different stock warehouse than Greenpoint. (stock control reasons)

So we cant pull stock from GP. You can comment and say you would like it to be delivered to GP, but this will only be available the next day for collection. (again for stock control, or even the item not being available at GP branch)

We apologize for the manner our Manager handled it, and will follow this up with him!

Sorry once again for all the loose ends, our new branch is something new, and trying our best to get it running smoothly.

Pull stock from GP store and when the online package is delivered to GP simply replace the item.

Just a suggestion for when this happens in the future.

I have had some K#k even when collecting online purchases from the Durbanville store. I ordered some Michelin Pro Race tyres and went to collect only to be told I can't collect because it was an online purchase. If I wanted to collect from th store I would have to pay the full retail not the discounted price. I think the look on my face must have made Willemse snr step in and remedy the situation because I got my tyres (already paid for online) and was offered what ever else I wanted at a discount (10% IIRC)

I walkd out with a pair of Sidi Mtb shoes too.

The Willemse's themselves are focussed on helping their customers but some of their staff treat their role in the store as just a job. Thats where the k#k starts.

I agree with you 100%. Jnr and Snr both greet me everytime I walk into the shop. Always willing to help. I actually don't have that much of a problem with most of their staff at the Willowbridge branch. Just one or two who think they own the shop. And the wokshop... Pathetic if you ask me... But I don't use that anymore. But I still support them and buy cycling stuffs there when I need it. Have cycled with Jnr and Snr a couple of times and they are genuinely nice guys. Just a shame about some of the people who take their jobs for granted.

I agree with you 100%. Jnr and Snr both greet me everytime I walk into the shop. Always willing to help. I actually don't have that much of a problem with most of their staff at the Willowbridge branch. Just one or two who think they own the shop. And the wokshop... Pathetic if you ask me... But I don't use that anymore. But I still support them and buy cycling stuffs there when I need it. Have cycled with Jnr and Snr a couple of times and they are genuinely nice guys. Just a shame about some of the people who take their jobs for granted.

it's not like they are running a multinational conglomerate with a large hierarchy between the top and the bottom, so comments like that bother 7-shades of **** outta me. Where is the feedback loop between top management and the customer in these cases?

Granted, it's a highly subjective situation:a cstomer could just have have been having a crap day in general, magnifying any negative perceptions. But when too many of the same complaints pile up, then something's the matter.

Family run businesses tend to crash or excel because EVERYONE is/should be, on the same page, ie, you only hire those who share your perspectives and behaviourisms, which is why complaints like the above annoy very much.

Edited by Capricorn

I guess this is more a case where red tape got in the way of proper customer service. But my 2c, the workshop is actually good, i have been to numerous other workshops (in CPT and another in Durbanville) and have gone back to CWC because the guys working on my bike actually do a good job the first time. I dont know all their names but Shaun normally works on my bike and certainly go back because of his quality work.

Then re the GP manager, he greets me every time by name and have given me nothing but good service so i wouldnt fault them just yet, it could just be growing pains of the new store.

There could be some guys who has some attitude but Evert has not been one of them, hes always been helpful. (and the Willemse's are always friendly and helpful).

it's not like they are running a multinational conglomerate with a large hierarchy between the top and the bottom, so comments like that bother 7-shades of **** outta me. Where is the feedback loop between top management and the customer in these cases?

Granted, it's a highly subjective situation:a cstomer could just have have been having a crap day in general, magnifying any negative perceptions. But when too many of the same complaints pile up, then something's the matter.

Family run businesses tend to crash or excel because EVERYONE is/should be, on the same page, ie, you only hire those who share your perspectives and behaviourisms, which is why complaints like the above annoy very much.

Yeah fair enough. i get what you're saying. And that's one thing they do lack. There is very little communication between top level management and the rest of the staff. They're all just sitting in their offices most of the time. But when they do actually come out, I've personally only had good experiences.

I guess this is more a case where red tape got in the way of proper customer service. But my 2c, the workshop is actually good, i have been to numerous other workshops (in CPT and another in Durbanville) and have gone back to CWC because the guys working on my bike actually do a good job the first time. I dont know all their names but Shaun normally works on my bike and certainly go back because of his quality work.

Then re the GP manager, he greets me every time by name and have given me nothing but good service so i wouldnt fault them just yet, it could just be growing pains of the new store.

There could be some guys who has some attitude but Evert has not been one of them, hes always been helpful. (and the Willemse's are always friendly and helpful).

It's not so much the workmanship that bothers me, it's the way it's run. I had a bike built there once. Bought from them might I add. They said I could have the bike in one week's time. I went back after one week. They had not started building it. I asked when it would be ready, as I had already been waiting a week. They said the next day at 4. I went back the next day at 4. They had not started on my bike. They don't bother to phone. Eventually I said to them that if they don't build it now, I'll take it home and build it myself. After 2 weeks of struggling with them, I finally got my bike. To top it off, they had put the brake blocks in upside down and backwards. Waste of time if you ask me. I had my mountainbike there once as well. The rear disc was rubbing inside the caliper. 3 days later, it was "fixed". They had done absolutely nothing. Disc was still rubbing. Cost me hundred bucks for them to do nothing. Eventually just fixed it myself.

I have no problem fixing and building my own bikes, but I don't always have time for it. And that's what a workshop is supposed to be for me. A convenient place that is quick and effective. I am paying them to do this, why should I have to sit with all these problems?

Anyway, lesson learned. I don't take my bike anywhere anymore for maintenance.

String....both you and I have met in two different lbs's before and in both of those I have never once encountered a similar situation, and this would include for high pressure situations.

The one store closer to home has had to deal with exceptionally rude and often abusive clientele and not once have they nit gone out of their way to make good to a situation .....

For now let things settle and cwc have the opportunity of commenting, I could just be completely out of place and acting like a chop, our be partially in the right or mostly right in what I had expected or to be upset enough to run with this on a pubic forum.

Now that the dust has started to settle - I have been itching to point out that a PUBIC forum is always a touchie place to run with anything....