Sneak preview - New Black Spade Racing 650B dual

Black Spade Racing

Meet our brand new, genuine 27.5” dual suss.

9.3kg (ex pedals), XX1 drive and dual lock out means that climbing and flat-out performance will easily be up there alongside the best XC duals - and dare we say, even the top hard tails.

But what's gonna set this beaut ahead of them all is a more relaxed head tube angle combined with a 120mm travel Rockshox Reba RLT fork makes for true “enduro” downhill capability enhances descending and all-terrain capability significantly.

Best, unlike all the "650Bs" popping up that are actually tweaked 26ers with 27.5” wheels squeezed to fit, our new honey is engineered from the bottom up as a dedicated mid-wheeler and the geometry and performance are, in our experience, perfect for getting the most out of this exciting new wheel size.

This is our prototype and the production models are about to be shipped bearing our awesome new “Mercurial” paint job (hint: think metallic grey shades and awesome graphics).

post-39747-0-80265100-1380714933_thumb.jpg

post-39747-0-01701000-1380714941_thumb.jpg

post-39747-0-11430300-1380714946_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black Spade Racing

9.3kg (ex pedals), XX1 drive and dual lock out means that climbing and flat-out performance will easily be up there alongside the best XC duals - and dare we say, even the top hard tails.

But what's gonna set this beaut ahead of them all is a more relaxed head tube angle combined with a 120mm travel Rockshox Reba RLT fork makes for true “enduro” downhill capability.

It's a great looking bike and pretty sure it'll be great on XC or Marathon races but not sure about the enduro part.

Edited by gummibear

Saying that a 100mm travel bike has "enduro" descending capabilities thanks to a slightly slacker ha and a 120mm fork is just plain wrong guy.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing...

Consider it standard "marketing-speak". But there may be more truth in there than you guys may see because with that geometry it won't take much to take it nicely beyond standard short travel XC capability. This thinking based on that it looks very similar if not exactly like the 27.5 Scott Genius 700 (150/120 fork and 100/150mm shock). For sure it looks nicely balanced and nicely light too.Think this should happily take a 150mm fork and perhaps even might accommodate a slightly longer travel on the rear end but that's debatable given the setup

Edited by stripe

Got to say, love the cabling, nice and neat, def being helped by the fact that there is no front Derailer=> XX1.

also the red on the inside of the front frame looks lovely.

G

Consider it standard "marketing-speak". But there may be more truth in there than you guys may see because with that geometry it won't take much to take it nicely beyond standard short travel XC capability. This thinking based on that it looks very similar if not exactly like the 27.5 Scott Genius 700 (150/120 fork and 100/150mm shock). For sure it looks nicely balanced and nicely light too.Think this should happily take a 150mm fork and perhaps even might accommodate a slightly longer travel on the rear end but that's debatable given the setup

only way they'd be able to do that would be to change the rocker link at the top so that the shock is mounted closer to the top tube, so that the swingarm would have more "throw" than the existing setup.

To say that the bike is an Enduro descender is just plain wrong, and cannot even be described as marketing speak.

At most - it could be an XC / trail bike with an XC bias. Swap out "enduro" for "trail bike" and you avoid the problem entirely.

Got to say, love the cabling, nice and neat, def being helped by the fact that there is no front Derailer=> XX1.

also the red on the inside of the front frame looks lovely.

G

Yeah, it does look good. Reminds me of the RM range, but with a different top rocker. Very smooth.

The frame looks almost exactly the same as the Scott Spark range, especially the rear triangle, the rocker link and the seat tube...just saying. :ph34r:

Sorry guys, you are completely right. We’ve duly executed our writer at dawn this morning – but only after we forced him to make suitable changes and repost the description on www.facebook.com/BlackSpadeRacing