Wife " Choose, me or the BIKE!!"

ScottCM

In my industry we have a saying: "Those who can, do; those who can't, work in IT."

I WISH I WORKED IN I.T WAAAY TO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED,,,,I LIKE MONEY

but my lower grade std 8 didnt allow for it

Easy...learn how to say "Log off, then log on again" when a (l)user, as NSBB calls them, bugs you with a complaint and you are set for a career in IT.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fact....bouncing your laptop sorts out 99% of end-user problems.

Do you need to wear a black bomber jacket when bouncing a laptop?

*slight hijack...one of my puppies knocked a beer onto my laptop the other night, and now the b and n keys won't work. Will bouncing sort that out too?*

Hey all

So my bike originally stood in the dinning room behind the table but then my wife started a day care to help with the bills. Well needless to say the kids including mine all started to play with the chain and derailleurs so i moved it to the bedroom.

I'm quite happy having my bike next to my side of the bed, in fact there is some kind of calming effect knowing that the first and last thing i see a day is my bike. All i need to do is stretch out my arm and i can touch her :whistling: . But this has now become a problem for my wife.

I dont totally understand it as the only time she comes close to MY PRECIOUS is when she closes the curtains at night. I make up the bed in the morning, open the curtains, wash the floor, all so that she doesn't have to battle around my bike.

As i actually do love my wife, and she doesn't normally give me trouble about cycling even though i know she HATES it, i was wondering,

How do you Guys and Gals store your bikes?

See I dont have a garage , i dont have insurance yet as i'm still shopping for the right one.

I read somewhere that one should hang your bike from the front wheel, now i have a wall on which i could do this but as my bike is a MTB wont this damage the shock?

On a serious note, here's a good option: http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-sports-bicycles-fitness-in-blouberg/storage-lift-pulley-system-for-all-bicycles-531741847

"X Unlike This"

Sorry. I didn't intend to offend any IT professionals. So unfair of me. I suppose women who usually attach a monetary value to what men park in their garages are normally found on street corners in a dodgy area of town.

Sorry. I didn't intend to offend any IT professionals. So unfair of me. I suppose women who usually attach a monetary value to what men park in their garages are normally found on street corners in a dodgy area of town.

You have just proven again why you do not fit a women s criteria.

We are all joking around playing and then you come with personal attacks!!

Consider yourself blocked!

Please do not ever again reply to any of my posts.

Edited by Carpet

I was fortunate to have a garage built to accommodate my bicycles. Then had a helmet cupboard and kit cupboard added.

dammit! that is nice! :drool:

Yes but I dont think you and your bikes are fitting the rest of the criteria....

:ph34r:

Its not just about the garage. You have to evaluate the package.

In IT terms we have a saying "Garbage in = Garbage out"

Eish that's nasty, I liked that kitty cat image so much and now its in tatters.... :unsure:

ct....bouncing your laptop sorts out 99% of end-user problems

funny in my industry THAT MEANS A WHOLE OTHER SITUATION

See you at teazers for steak egg and strips lunch?

Do you need to wear a black bomber jacket when bouncing a laptop?

*slight hijack...one of my puppies knocked a beer onto my laptop the other night, and now the b and n keys won't work. Will bouncing sort that out too?*

hahaha no but you do need flip file with drivers, a geeky t-shirt with coffee stains and pimples.

Wrt to your b / n key problem...if the first bounce didn't work, bounce it harder the next time. :whistling:

I was fortunate to have a garage built to accommodate my bicycles. Then had a helmet cupboard and kit cupboard added.

Very nice but do i note a slight OCD tendency... :thumbup:

The helmet cupboard I like! :thumbup:

We are all joking around playing and then you come with personal attacks!!

I suspect you missed the innuendo... remember he has an arts degree. not a technical one.... and he ALWAYS has s..x on the brain.. :)

Gotta think in metaphors with TW... - ok, maybe think is overstating it a bit... try decipher...

I see a lot of rolling down hill kit, but where is the cycling kit?

And that floor looks dusty too.... NOT GOOD... get on with the CDO program... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: