Wife " Choose, me or the BIKE!!"

ScottCM

Hey all

So my bike originally stood in the dinning room behind the table but then my wife started a day care to help with the bills. Well needless to say the kids including mine all started to play with the chain and derailleurs so i moved it to the bedroom.

I'm quite happy having my bike next to my side of the bed, in fact there is some kind of calming effect knowing that the first and last thing i see a day is my bike. All i need to do is stretch out my arm and i can touch her :whistling: . But this has now become a problem for my wife.

I dont totally understand it as the only time she comes close to MY PRECIOUS is when she closes the curtains at night. I make up the bed in the morning, open the curtains, wash the floor, all so that she doesn't have to battle around my bike.

As i actually do love my wife, and she doesn't normally give me trouble about cycling even though i know she HATES it, i was wondering,

How do you Guys and Gals store your bikes?

See I dont have a garage , i dont have insurance yet as i'm still shopping for the right one.

I read somewhere that one should hang your bike from the front wheel, now i have a wall on which i could do this but as my bike is a MTB wont this damage the shock?

Edited by ScottC-M

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha that's how I felt about my partner's bike until I got one. Yeah sucks not to have space. Right now bikes are on the balcony under one of those motorbike covers - not ideal. I need a bigger house :(

My MTB rests gently against the wall in my dining room, and my road sleeps comfortably in an alcove I have next to the TV in my living room.

Thought about putting them in the garage, but then they'd be, like, very far away and out of sight.

Hey all

So my bike originally stood in the dinning room behind the table but then my wife started a day care to help with the bills. Well needless to say the kids including mine all started to play with the chain and derailleurs so i moved it to the bedroom.

I'm quite happy having my bike next to my side of the bed, in fact there is some kind of calming effect knowing that the first and last thing i see a day is my bike. All i need to do is stretch out my arm and i can touch her :whistling: . But this has now become a problem for my wife.

I dont totally understand it as the only time she comes close to MY PRECIOUS is when she closes the curtains at night. I make up the bed in the morning, open the curtains, wash the floor, all so that she doesn't have to battle around my bike.

As i actually do love my wife, and she doesn't normally give me trouble about cycling even though i know she HATES it, i was wondering,

How do you Guys and Gals store your bikes?

See I dont have a garage , i dont have insurance yet as i'm still shopping for the right one.

I read somewhere that one should hang your bike from the front wheel, now i have a wall on which i could do this but as my bike is a MTB wont this damage the shock?

Can`t you hook it from the handlebars if you are worried about the front shock - not sure if it would damage it anyway, built to take abuse.

haha, just hang it on wall something with hook that hold the wheel. Or use the rear wheel on hook if you are worried about shock

Mine live in my office, its a bit cramped but what can you do! Over Dec when business is quiet I want to buy some steel and make a couple of wall brackets. Cant put them in the workshop as the property backs onto open veld.

We built a whole wing for our bikes :whistling: Actually what was supposed to be a spare room has now turned into the bike/xbox room, the bikes even have their own bathroom :w00t: And a lovely view of the garden to sooth them while we are at work.

Actually it works out very nice.. all the bike stuff is in that room, clothes, spares, you name it.

Got a whole room full of bikes, surfboards and camping stuff. CW hates it keeps threatening to turn it into a homework room for the lighties, so I keep changing the lock.

Biggest room in my house is the bike room. Should be a lounge. Some advantages of being divorced. :thumbup:

Converted my daughters Wendy house into 2/3rds for our bikes and the rst for her horse gear. Mtb stands in hallway outside the lounge though. Do get flail occasionally.