Making a fender for your MTB

deanbean

I like that - and I'm going to teach my kids to call it that in future, we've just never had a word for it.

Old Army tradition. You form a straight line and sweep the camp. It cleans but you also identify lethal issues. You do not want the enemy to know who you are.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had one of these made (but from carbon) for my Makulu

f995451193.jpg

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb3203058/p4pb3203058.jpg

Although it is based on the Makulu OEM fender, I reckon something like it will fit quite a few frames.

Very nice. I made fenders for my road bike a few years ago after i got fedd-up with goat-**** spatters on the Bergville Winterton routes.

It worked oukay. But took it off because raodies kept mocking my idea.

I had one of these made (but from carbon) for my Makulu

f995451193.jpg

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb3203058/p4pb3203058.jpg

Although it is based on the Makulu OEM fender, I reckon something like it will fit quite a few frames.

I must try to make one of those. Been looking for a way to shield my fd

Neat!

For a more genuine "plaas/skaap-dip" look you could have left the label on.....;)

Ja Johann, but I'm ocd like that. It must be clean.

That's a Mucky Nutz design you made there Dean, they work really well. Solomon's sell them for R90 for the lazy bastards like me, or those that don't live in the boonies like Dean.

Old Army tradition. You form a straight line and sweep the camp. It cleans but you also identify lethal issues. You do not want the enemy to know who you are.

The trick is to look from right to left as you walk. You see more that way as your brain is trained to look from left to right normally. Well that's what they told us anyway.

The trick is to look from right to left as you walk. You see more that way as your brain is trained to look from left to right normally. Well that's what they told us anyway.

That's still the way I look for things when I've lost them on a carpet. Sweep one section, move on. Most efficient way to find things

• 4 weeks later...

My attempt ... :rolleyes:

After yesterdays ride ,.. seems to work pretty good.

Sorry not the best pics :lol:

Please tell me you removed the ears (long leftover bits of zip thing) from the cable ties!!!

Otherwise - awesome job. You may want to put a central one in place though, just so that there's no lateral movement.

Well done!

Thnx to deanbean for idea and design. :thumbup:

This 1st one is more a proto, i made it a fair bit wider and longer.. see how this holds up, then make 1 abit smaller and more curved off.

Rekon it will stop more muck this way.

Also tryna to make back guard off same design,....make front of design almost as long as back seems to work. :thumbup:

Please tell me you removed the ears (long leftover bits of zip thing) from the cable ties!!!

Otherwise - awesome job. You may want to put a central one in place though, just so that there's no lateral movement.

Na thats how i roll... its my strava antennas..............

LOL.. no.. sorry boss should've taken photos after feeler removal ! :lol:

Only had 4 big Cties left ..going for the minimalisthing :unsure: i changed the hole placement (eyeballed/was in a rush) seems to hold tight, still 2 around the lowers :thumbup:

Archived