Jacaranda Best Med-terrible organisation

Rimless1969

I did the 40km and really enjoyed it except for the last 6km of hill climbing(I am not moaning about the route, I am however moaning about my own fitness level - Damn i am unfit), I saw Traffic officers and volunteers at every intersection that i passed or turned at.

Traffic will always be a problem unless there is full road closure. Full road closure equals higher cost for the event and closing businesses that survive off weekend turnover.

I am satisfied that i got my moneys worth.

Edited by Lock4

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we don't want tight bends, we don't want too many hills, we don't like cars, we not fond of big start groups. We want constant easy access to water.

I think take a look at track cycling. Sounds perfect

So we don't want tight bends, we don't want too many hills, we don't like cars, we not fond of big start groups. We want constant easy access to water.

You forgot potholes. We don't want those either.

You forgot about the toilet issue. How do you expect us to *** ourselves before and after?

You forgot that we also don't want to have to peddle hard, get out of resting heart rate, or concentrate in a pack. Everyone but you should hold a perfect line. And don't EVER Ask us to do work at the front of a pack!

Rest of the points are accurate, keeping in mind that its a small race, and you should not expect Tour quality event.

Then don't charge BIG race entry fees

I enjoyed the race, unfortunately I am not one of those sprinting for a win but I can just imagine some of the racing snakes cutting it fine around the bend, who does that? It's like having a finishing line in someone's drive way ha ha

I think this is the third thread I have seen on this event, wonder if anyone actually going to do anything about it.

If you are at all interested in the FACTS about the stolen event, Brand Cilliers from the Jakaranda Cycling Club will be more than willing to share all correspondence and proof, and even share the threatening letter Wynand de Villiers wrote to sue the club for R900 000 (3 years profit)

Thanks to the big guns who has already requested the info and are willing to fight this fight with us.

Please contact Brand Cilliers at Brand.Cilliers@telkomsa.net if you are interested in the FACTS. Proof included!

Edited by Gridrunner

I dont understand your argument.......

Do you agree with everything what is going on in our country at this moment? I assume not, so why are you still living here?

They are making a stand against what they believe isnt right, but they still love riding their bikes, thus they went to go ride.

(No I was not part of the protest, didnt even know it was planned, but I believe in what they are trying to do.)

No I am not agreeing with everything going on in this country. Do you really think what Jakaranda klub did is going to make a difference? (I don't) Do you think ASG gives a rat's arse about the little demonstration (I don't).

I was part of that klub when they were still known as Telkom klub and when Telkom stopped there sponsorship for reasons which I cannot discuss here, I told certain members of the then management team not to give the race organization to ASG. They could organize the race themselves, but they were to lazy. Now they sit with the dilemma of just getting a fee for the race (which they obviously are not satisfied with). Their respons is to have a demonstration before the start of the race, about their dissatisfaction towards the organizer and the race fee and then they still get on their bikes and ride the race? A bit of an oxymoron if you ask me.

Edited by 2 X 2

If you are at all interested in the FACTS about the stolen event, Brand Cilliers from the Jakaranda Cycling Club will be more than willing to share all correspondence and proof, and even share the threatening letter Wynand de Villiers wrote to sue the club for R900 000 (3 years profit)

Thanks to the big guns who has already requested the info and are willing to fight this fight with us.

Please contact Brand Cilliers at Brand.Cilliers@telkomsa.net if you are interested in the FACTS. Proof included!

Why not share it here?

Yes if you are brave enough to demonstrate before a race, why not be brave and share the "facts"