Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

The helmet is on the front page of the Pretoria News.

Yeah I know about the Pretoria News, just saying that the Beeld also said they would use the picture of the helmet...just saying.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any one that could identify a very good place in this area to put a sign that would offer a reward for information.

I am asking in sincerity for some help and our company wants to help .

thank you

Shaun.

I was thinking a whole bunch of pamphlets handed out at the security entrance to Plastic View and at the taverns. Or if we do go the night ride/critical mass route, we hand them out with a coke maybe?

Chance of what...being rambo, keeping your bike that can be replaced lets look at what you can lose if you play rambo....YOUR LIFE.

Not good advice :thumbdown:

I totally agree with you. If you have a firearm pointed at you its not worth taking the risk, give them the bike. You most probably have family that loves you and whom you love. It's not worth risking your life to save a bicycle. You have to think about them as well.

I will join in with any mass ride to help out. I cycle that route a a lot, and all these incidents makes me pretty damned scared!!!

Glad you guys are okay at least. It could have been a lot worse!!!

You must know my dad then

I probably do. Though I must admit that I have not been shooting a lot the past two years. Was away on business last year and haven't been shooting this year. Will get back into it early next year.

Convert money into noise! B)

I will join in with any mass ride to help out. I cycle that route a a lot, and all these incidents makes me pretty damned scared!!!

Glad you guys are okay at least. It could have been a lot worse!!!

I'm also in.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet here but:

I have been doing IPSC shooting since the age of 13. I have represented South Africa in the World Shoot at the age of 17 after I have become SA Champ in which I came 9th overall in Juniors. I know a fair bit of shooting I'd say, and have done and seen many of these type of combat training. I have been mugged before on a bike as well.....................................

I wonder what it looks like when you are blowing your own trumpet then.

I probably do. Though I must admit that I have not been shooting a lot the past two years. Was away on business last year and haven't been shooting this year. Will get back into it early next year.

Convert money into noise! B)

Hahahaha true, my family is quite involved in shooting in SA (all expect me), father's name is Hubert

Hi, people on Twitter sent me to this topic.

Does anyone know if the local councillor has gotten involved? Trying to find out who it is and will press them for an interview to find out what they are doing.

Is there a local MTB club in the area?

Are the other people that were attacked (hoping they are ok) on The Hub? Anyone know them?

Hi, people on Twitter sent me to this topic.

Does anyone know if the local councillor has gotten involved? Trying to find out who it is and will press them for an interview to find out what they are doing.

Is there a local MTB club in the area?

Are the other people that were attacked (hoping they are ok) on The Hub? Anyone know them?

Hey, welcome to the hub, mate! :thumbup:

edit: Have PMed you a contact.

Edited by Tumbleweed

Is there any one that could identify a very good place in this area to put a sign that would offer a reward for information.

I am asking in sincerity for some help and our company wants to help .

thank you

Shaun.

What about handing out pamphlets to residents at the squatter camps. Bush Telegraph gets around very quick. Don't even need to give one to everybody either. Can also pay a couple of youngsters to hand them out in the area.

Ok this is the feedback that I got this morning and thanks to Druffster for sending me the story

"Good day,

Director, please see complaint below for your urgent attention and handling, feedback to this office of your interventions taken on or before 28 October 2013. Please get in contact with the complainant.

JC Malan

A/ Deputy Chief of Regional Policing"

lets hope something good comes out of this

Hahahaha true, my family is quite involved in shooting in SA (all expect me), father's name is Hubert

Ahhh. I know your father very well. In fact its your mother that inspired/motivated me to shoot in the world shoot.

She approached me one day at Premier shooting range and we talked about a possible team for world shoot. (remember it like yesterday). Great people and always very helpful. Gave me lots of tips when I started.

Ok,what about trying this! On the next page in the Pta news is a article covering the "thief" who had his hands chopped off in Plastic view for stealing,so I'd say they also "gatvol" of theft. Now,what would happen if we could meet with the squatter camps senior community leaders and explain the issues and offer a reward....... We would soon get results,and a wheel barrow of limbs!