Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

Crisis, crisis. Just yesterday someone posted that they had a meeting with Garsfontein SAPS. Honestly, how difficult can it be to catch these bastards. :cursing:

Maybe one of the units sitting pretty next to the highway at Rigel avenue can move and do some work. Its not even far to drive.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good to hear or read about. It is obviously a gang in the area and would not be surprised if they move to a new area soon, so watch out wherever you cycle!!

Glad the cyclist will be ok

Unbelievable.

Its getting to a Carte Blanche level if you ask me.

Well beyond that at this stage I would think. How can no action be taken by SAPS? They are failing in their most basic duty of protecting the public and enforcing justice.

4 cases of attempted murder in 1 week, I am shocked.

Visible policing is only a temporary solution. these thugs will lie low or move on then return to do the same. They need to be caught and dealt with harshly so as to dissuade copy cats.

This has been just wating to happen,if you read the other thread, or live in that area,like I do you will know the extent of crime in that area linked to the two "informal" settlements,there is almost daily events, and the police are simply over loaded. Last week the squatters took law into their own hands and chopped another residents hands off........ About time we as tax paying residents started doing the same! This country is practically at civil war in the neibourhoods, and nothing gets done!

War normally means there are two sides engaged in said war.

Sadly what you speak of is a lot more one-sided.

Unbelievable.

ja-nee, our country's lawmakers and related systems are so f-ukked up that we rely on carte blanche to dictate what critical matters needs to be attended to.

The slow, certain rotten decay that is Africa.

The cyclist is Michael McDermott, member of the Cycle Lab MTB racing team. He is out of hospital and back home. Incident happened on Garsfontein Road right opposite the entrance to the Pta East cemetery. He came down that hill at high speed when the first shot was fired and then he fell. The guy pointed the gun at him and as he tried to reach for the gun the second shot went of but missed him. Only after this the two guys grabbed the bike and disappeared into the veld. Bike was a Merida Big Nine 3000 carbon (hard tail) with a Garmin edge 800 computer on.

Visible policing is only a temporary solution. these thugs will lie low or move on then return to do the same. They need to be caught and dealt with harshly so as to dissuade copy cats.

I agree

EWN Reporter@ewnreporter17m

BREAKING: #EWN has learned police acting crime intelligence boss Chris Ngcobo has been suspended.

EWN Reporter@ewnreporter15m

#Ngcobo Police are expected to issue statement shortly. Appears Ngcobo was suspended in connection with his qualification. #EWN

EWN Reporter@ewnreporter14m

#Ngcobo It's understood police chief Riah Phiyega ordered the suspension, and there may be more on the way. #EWN

Who is the cyclist that was shot,what's his condition, and what bike is missing,we, as cyclists may spot it being used in the vacinity, or it may be sold to a shop in the area?? Trust me,I was attacked at gun point and beaten up on Klapperkop a few years back,its not fun, and it really scared me about where and when I train..... Guys, be real carefull out there, and let's keep our eyes open and find his bike and try kick up such a stink that the Cops are forced to react!

Unbelievable.

Why do we have to rely on a documentary / investigatory show for something to happen?

Why cant the elected government who quite happily charge us for tax, vat, sin tax, e tolls, petrol tax etc etc

just do their jobs and protect their countrymen. even if just for selfish reasons such as trying to protect their income from tax payers.

The cyclist is Michael McDermott, member of the Cycle Lab MTB racing team. He is out of hospital and back home. Incident happened on Garsfontein Road right opposite the entrance to the Pta East cemetery. He came down that hill at high speed when the first shot was fired and then he fell. The guy pointed the gun at him and as he tried to reach for the gun the second shot went of but missed him. Only after this the two guys grabbed the bike and disappeared into the veld. Bike was a Merida Big Nine 3000 carbon (hard tail) with a Garmin edge 800 computer on.

^

.^^^

^ ^^ ^

^^

^^

^^

Who is the cyclist that was shot,what's his condition, and what bike is missing,we, as cyclists may spot it being used in the vacinity, or it may be sold to a shop in the area?? Trust me,I was attacked at gun point and beaten up on Klapperkop a few years back,its not fun, and it really scared me about where and when I train..... Guys, be real carefull out there, and let's keep our eyes open and find his bike and try kick up such a stink that the Cops are forced to react!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Why do we have to rely on a documentary / investigatory show for something to happen?

Why cant the elected government who quite happily charge us for tax, vat, sin tax, e tolls, petrol tax etc etc

just do their jobs and protect their countrymen. even if just for selfish reasons such as trying to protect their income from tax payers.

Sadly the Dept is in such a mess - if you look at the current debacle as posted above regarding who's heading up crime intelligence - with it being an election year that's all they really care about - political point scoring.

Using the press to first make people aware is important, communities policing forums, hiring private security companies, unfortunately that is all required as 3 incidents in one week is no coincidence.

Out of interest = " Bike was a Merida Big Nine 3000 carbon (hard tail) with a Garmin edge 800 computer on. " how much is that worth?