2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

He was dropped on more than one climb at the Dauphine this year. Not the same form as last year

He was dropped yes, but he has a good time advantage over the other favourite GC riders.

Surely he can limit his loss. He has won Gran Tours before so his experience will count in favor of him. I reckon we will see Nibali in Yellow from now till Paris.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. . So will Le Tour start for the GC riders today or on Monday..

Surely Bert has to start chipping away at Nibs lead..

In my famously terrible hub predictions I reckon it's gonna be a one horse spanish race. Contador is one annoying little man.

I would like anyone but Contador to win but alas I don't see that happening...

I'm supporting Contador all the way and even though he's 2:30 down he will put up a fight. But, we have to be realistic it will be tough.

This is the ITT results from the Dauphine, Nibs performance wasnt too bad.

GBR 1 FROOME, Christopher (SKY) 23:12:15

ESP 2 CONTADOR VELASCO, Alberto (TINKOFF-SAXO) + 12

NED 3 KELDERMAN, Wilco (BELKIN)

USA 4 TALANSKY, Andrew (GARMIN SHARP) + 33

BEL 5 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (LOTTO BELISOL) + 35

ITA 6 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA) + 50

I'm supporting Contador all the way and even though he's 2:30 down he will put up a fight. But, we have to be realistic it will be tough.

This is the ITT results from the Dauphine, Nibs performance wasnt too bad.

GBR 1 FROOME, Christopher (SKY) 23:12:15

ESP 2 CONTADOR VELASCO, Alberto (TINKOFF-SAXO) + 12

NED 3 KELDERMAN, Wilco (BELKIN)

USA 4 TALANSKY, Andrew (GARMIN SHARP) + 33

BEL 5 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (LOTTO BELISOL) + 35

ITA 6 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA) + 50

Nibs is definitely coming good but I don't reckon 2:30 will be enough to hold off Contador.

I am gonna put some money on Porte - will be interesting to see what he can do free from Froome and Wiggo. A fine outsider in my opinion...

Edit: if he can avoid his famous "bad day" of course :-)

Edited by Eldron

Nibs is definitely coming good but I don't reckon 2:30 will be enough to hold off Contador.

I am gonna put some money on Porte - will be interesting to see what he can do free from Froome and Wiggo. A fine outsider in my opinion...

Edit: if he can avoid his famous "bad day" of course :-)

Please don't say that.... :ph34r:

We cannot have 3 different winners from the same team 3 years in a row.. I DO NOT WANT A SKY RIDER IN YELLOW!

Why all the h8ting on sky man? Sure Wiggo is a bit offish and Froome is rapidly becoming a spoilt brat but the team is pretty cool and we have some saffer love in Sir Blem!

Please don't say that.... :ph34r:

We cannot have 3 different winners from the same team 3 years in a row.. I DO NOT WANT A SKY RIDER IN YELLOW!

I just cannot believe that two quality riders the likes of Cuddles and Wiggens would be left out of the tour.Crazy in my mind.Forget about who is GC contender.They just have so much to offer their teams

Interesting, the first Col de la Crois is very much comparable to the Franschoek Pass.

post-12446-1405159292,894.jpgpost-12446-1405159310,257.jpg

Will be interesting to compare times. :whistling:

Will be interesting to compare times. :whistling:

Good point. I'll check after the stage. For your interest, the Strava record for the Franschoek Pass:

post-12446-1405160446,3599.jpg

Good point. I'll check after the stage. For your interest, the Strava record for the Franschoek Pass:

post-12446-1405160446,3599.jpg

The Strava segment for the Col starts a bit back (longer but less ave. gradient), but the average speed looks similar.

post-12446-1405160854,4718.jpgpost-12446-1405160862,277.jpg