2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

we can only speculate, but i think nibali is on fire, it was early stages when they went out but i still think nibali would have taken it, maybe its just me but i didnt "see" the dominant force of froom, this year around,,,,,maybe hunger is a better word,

Agree Dips...that is if we are speculating...look at the stage 2 or the cobble stage....both were still there. Him and his team put minutes into them.

CLASS !!!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final flattish one before the pavèd roads of the Champs Élysées where Kittel will hope to repeat last year's glory

post-12015-0-54808000-1406224668_thumb.jpg

I see they are passing a 120m Condom, these Frenchies are weird. :ph34r:

Agree Dips...that is if we are speculating...look at the stage 2 or the cobble stage....both were still there. Him and his team put minutes into them.

CLASS !!!!

Four stage wins, A 7 minute lead.

I do think that if Froome and Contador managed to stay on their bikes the margin would have been less with Contador taking second.

CF and AC were very much on par two weeks before the start. Neither able to shake the other until CF started taking tumbles. Saxobank looked stronger than Sky this year.

Saxobank did take ?3? stages and the Polka dot. Sky is going home with bruises.

The Skyborgs were not on form as they have been in 2012 and to a lesser extent in 2013.

Four stage wins, A 7 minute lead.

I do think that if Froome and Contador managed to stay on their bikes the margin would have been less with Contador taking second.

CF and AC were very much on par two weeks before the start. Neither able to shake the other until CF started taking tumbles. Saxobank looked stronger than Sky this year.

Saxobank did take ?3? stages and the Polka dot. Sky is going home with bruises.

The Skyborgs were not on form as they have been in 2012 and to a lesser extent in 2013.

Yip enough said...Personally I don't think froome would have been up there with nibali and AC....that is if we go on his dauphine form...maybe he was playing poker...who knows.

Saxo is looking awesome but astana is firing...day in day out, putting nibali in the position he is in. Big up.

And yes, sky, back to england with tail between their legs.

Yip enough said...Personally I don't think froome would have been up there with nibali and AC....that is if we go on his dauphine form...maybe he was playing poker...who knows.

Saxo is looking awesome but astana is firing...day in day out, putting nibali in the position he is in. Big up.

The bottom line.

The best prepared team of the year keeping their #1 rider safe is guaranteed a win.

This also shows that these athletes are only human and nobody can be at their peak indefinitely .

But then again, this is the hub where talent can be trained and the human body has no weakness.

The bottom line.

The best prepared team of the year keeping their #1 rider safe is guaranteed a win.

This also shows that these athletes are only human and nobody can be at their peak indefinitely .

But then again, this is the hub where talent can be trained and the human body has no weakness.

Ja, team effort was required to keep nib in yellow...he had the best team, hence they are going to have a moerse party in paris.

The GC comp was awesome this year

The polka dot....awesome

The white....awesome

The green....utterly disappointing.

Ja, team effort was required to keep nib in yellow...he had the best team, hence they are going to have a moerse party in paris.

The GC comp was awesome this year

The polka dot....awesome

The white....awesome

The green....utterly disappointing.

I am sure his fan club disagrees.

I want whatever doepa Nibali has been having lately.
He is clean till proven otherwise, is it difficult for people to simply sit and admire rather than throw the negative speculation out there all the time.

Whoever wins le tour is going to have to answer these questions. FACT. Win it by a big margin and they coming even quicker.

Pereiro and Schleck got their tour victories from the 2nd step of the podium in paris, for the sake of enjoyment I'm just going to pretend that nibali is getting scratched. Makes the time gaps from 2-4th a lot more exciting come TT!

Nibali did not look so strong in the Dauphine, or was he hiding his form?

Nibali did not look so strong in the Dauphine, or was he hiding his form?

Maybe he just peaked at the right time?

I am sure his fan club disagrees.

They can't argue that constantly making sure you get points(sitting safely in 2,3,4 wheel) rather than going out and winning a stage...is hardly inspiring. Cycling is a romantic sport....I want drama and action, this playing safe the whole time to ensure a green jersey is hondnaai considering you the clown of the tour with your wheelies and stoppies. But hey...he will take green come sunday, not a fan though.

Also why nibs deserves his win...no AC or CF or not....he rode the climbs and attacked. That inspires me.

They can't argue that constantly making sure you get points(sitting safely in 2,3,4 wheel) rather than going out and winning a stage...is hardly inspiring. Cycling is a romantic sport....I want drama and action, this playing safe the whole time to ensure a green jersey is hondnaai considering you the clown of the tour with your wheelies and stoppies. But hey...he will take green come sunday, not a fan though.

Also why nibs deserves his win...no AC or CF or not....he rode the climbs and attacked. That inspires me.

I like that you said that, I find one thing people lack in this country is the respect for the rich heritage and history of the sport.

Too quickly they get wrapped upped and consumed by show boaters and internet sensations whilst some riders just go at it silently bundling their credibility as greats.

I like this pic that Dale posted, it somehow explains how I feel.

post-4100-0-81060900-1406273536_thumb.jpg

I like that you said that, I find one thing people lack in this country is the respect for the rich heritage and history of the sport.

Too quickly they get wrapped upped and consumed by show boaters and internet sensations whilst some riders just go at it silently bundling their credibility as greats.

I like this pic that Dale posted, it somehow explains how I feel.

Netso sheriff....I personally love the rich character the tdf has. Names like poulidor which never won a tour but rode with his heart is what it is about. Pantani another one(yes yes he was a coke head and doped) but blixem he would always throw the cat amongst the pigeons given half a chance....there is no PED for that. You have it or you don't.

Vive le tour....

Just checked that pic you posted....awesome....poulidor is fourth from the left. My favorite rider of all time. :thumbup:

Thing is if it safe and easy why doesn't someone else try it? sure it's the sprinter's jersey, but it rewards consistency and the ability to get over a climb quickly here and there. Would be a lot more exciting if someone else could manage that, but just like Zabel, Sagan is a unique tulip.

Archived