2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

I don't know if any of you saw the TDF drinking game.. but if you have you have to drink cause Froome is already looking at his stem.

It shows when he needs to put in a big effort... :mellow:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness I swopped him last minute for Bardet in my fantasy team.

For Gerald's fantasy comp? If so, that was a good move.

His scoring system is skewed heavily towards final podium results for the jerseys. And this means that the key to his scoring system is the young rider competition. More specifically, the young riders who can get onto both the GC and the KOM lists (i.e. they can score in 3 of the 4 jersey competitions).

So a lighty who finishes well in the white jersey, plus the KOM jersey, and somewhere reasonable in the yellow jersey, scores triple points.

Look at it another way. Assume a lighty makes it to Paris with a final placing of 30th on GC, has a very average result in the KOM competition and places 30th there too. In the white jersey he places 10th (very average). Now compare him against the guy who wins the whole TDF.

Winner of the TDF: 32.432 points

Average lighty: 87.168 points

So 'average lighty' earns 2.7 times the number of points as the winner of the TDF will earn.

That's why I packed my team with youngsters. That includes Simon Yates, who might be a little too green this year and may struggle. But he'll still get onto 3 of the 4 jersey comps. And that means he should still pull me more points that either Contador or Froome will...

So yes, very good move to get Bardet into your team :).

I thought a lot about the young rider in the competition as well. I f you pick him spot on, you will score a lot of points. But at the end I, went for the sprinters. Even on the big mountain stages they will cross the line first in the auto bus way back, still bringing in some points.

Onboard cams on many of the Shimano sponsored teams

Another first for the TdF

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2014/07/06/1404659022687-72pnophqjtgs-700-80.jpg

I am pretty impressed by the quality of DSTV live streaming and that's via mobile data!

post-271-1404736364,9529.jpg

how do you get this ?

I am pretty impressed by the quality of DSTV live streaming and that's via mobile data!

Dude like the burger pic next to the pad

how do you get this ?

You need to be a DSTV premium subscriber then download the SuperSport app for ios/android. ....

Dude like the burger pic next to the pad

Was so tempted but I'm 'on the wagon' as TW would say. ....

You need to be a DSTV premium subscriber then download the SuperSport app for ios/android. ....

How is the data usage while streaming off the app? I have it installed on my phone but to scared to try as i cant afford a massive bill come month end.

How is the data usage while streaming off the app? I have it installed on my phone but to scared to try as i cant afford a massive bill come month end.

Not too sure as I use it for lots of other stuff as well so can't really tell. ...

How much data you consuming

For Gerald's fantasy comp? If so, that was a good move.

His scoring system is skewed heavily towards final podium results for the jerseys. And this means that the key to his scoring system is the young rider competition. More specifically, the young riders who can get onto both the GC and the KOM lists (i.e. they can score in 3 of the 4 jersey competitions).

So a lighty who finishes well in the white jersey, plus the KOM jersey, and somewhere reasonable in the yellow jersey, scores triple points.

Look at it another way. Assume a lighty makes it to Paris with a final placing of 30th on GC, has a very average result in the KOM competition and places 30th there too. In the white jersey he places 10th (very average). Now compare him against the guy who wins the whole TDF.

Winner of the TDF: 32.432 points

Average lighty: 87.168 points

So 'average lighty' earns 2.7 times the number of points as the winner of the TDF will earn.

That's why I packed my team with youngsters. That includes Simon Yates, who might be a little too green this year and may struggle. But he'll still get onto 3 of the 4 jersey comps. And that means he should still pull me more points that either Contador or Froome will...

So yes, very good move to get Bardet into your team :).

I thought a lot about the young rider in the competition as well. I f you pick him spot on, you will score a lot of points. But at the end I, went for the sprinters. Even on the big mountain stages they will cross the line first in the auto bus way back, still bringing in some points.

Don't forget that the heads of state are also likely to appear in the Green and Polka Dot classifications too, but yes - anyone that picked a young rider should do fairly well... providing that rider makes it to the finish.

Cavendish's antics will affect a number of final scores, as well any other rider than drops out.

Hit or miss - some years you score, some you lose.

For me, I'm cheering on people I wouldn't normally want to win.

The Fantasy game is about who I think will do well, rather than who I want to do well.

Today, Sagan to get 2 secs over The Gorilla and Super Hairstyle and to claim yellow, white and green

:ph34r:

Archived