Attakwas - 2014

jugheaddave

Last long training ride coming up tomorrow. Nervous and excited for Atta.

Has anyone got Garmin, Strava or Endomondo links they would like to share? Aiming for a sub 7 and want to see what pace I should aim for to the Spur stop (+/- 66km into the race I think).

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got Garmin, Strava or Endomondo links they would like to share? Aiming for a sub 7 and want to see what pace I should aim for to the Spur stop (+/- 66km into the race I think).

if You want sub7 just wave to that spur burger as you ride past it or stuff it in your Camelbak to enjoy at the finish as you celebrate the sub7.

I don't know if I'd ride Attakwas on my CX bike.

Let's see how it goes this year.

Its do able... An 8 speed CX bike would eat up the miles over the last 50 odd km. Its only really the little bit after that 1st steep climb near the dam and the tail end of the pass descenting into the 'Spur' stop that would be tricky.......

Hi fellow hubbers, I would like to meet all fellow hubbers doing the Atta. We have decent camping facilities available for the Attakwas race weekend at the finish of the long race and also where the shorter one starts and ends at Pine Creek caravan park in Groot Brak river and I'm the manager here so I'll be easily recognised.

Edited by BennieGerber

Hi fellow hubbers, I would like to meet all fellow hubbers doing the Atta. We have decent camping facilities available for the Attakwas race weekend at the finish of the long race and also where the shorter one starts and ends at Pine Creek caravan park in Groot Brak river and I'm the manager here so I'll be easily recognised.

We plan to camp there on the Saturday. Looking forward, we have camped there before, really enjoyed it.

Its do able... An 8 speed CX bike would eat up the miles over the last 50 odd km. Its only really the little bit after that 1st steep climb near the dam and the tail end of the pass descenting into the 'Spur' stop that would be tricky.......

I would love to see the man who does.

Let me know if you can see this link. I can also send you Garmin files if you PM me.

http://app.strava.com/activities/38016839#616904441

You should aim for sub 4 hours to get to Spur stop if you want to be in with a chance.

I recon your biggest challenge will be nutrician and you must eat or be eaten. Don't leave it to late because if you fall behind the feeding curve then you will battle after spur.

I plan on stopping at every water point.

PM me your email address if you want Garmin files

Let me know if you can see this link. I can also send you Garmin files if you PM me.

http://app.strava.co...16839#616904441

You should aim for sub 4 hours to get to Spur stop if you want to be in with a chance.

I recon your biggest challenge will be nutrician and you must eat or be eaten. Don't leave it to late because if you fall behind the feeding curve then you will battle after spur.

I plan on stopping at every water point.

PM me your email address if you want Garmin files

Thanks! Great info on the Strava link.

I did my 1st and only atta in 2012, made it to the Spur stop in 4 hours but battled from there on. Finished in just over 7:30. The weather was great that year, I just ran out of steam and was in a very interesting head space for about 30 kms :cursing: :wacko:

Here's to a great Atta 2014 for everyone!

Edited by Thinkbeeg

Come on Atta no 4 If all goes well hoping for around 7 hour mark.

Thats if we dont have a heat wave...........................

i did the Atta pre ride a3 weeks ago and some of the technical stuff was worse than previous years.

Be extra carefull on the downhills,,

We also had 110mm in the last few days in George so it should be wet in the kloof come race day

New Tyres CHECK, Ergo Fit bike fitment CHECK, Bike serviced CHECK, Nervous/Excited for race CHECK, Training HALF CHECK. Now to go find some HTFU in the week.

Accuweather says real feel about 26 degrees for Sat hope its right but this changes daily