Victory Park path under bridge

RossW

Sounds fantastic! thanks to all involved :)

I'm just wondering what's going to happen when 2 mtb'ers meet face to face in the middle... stare down? :whistling:

Since it is the Spruit.... in order of importance: tightest lycra, wheel size, pedal type (non-spds beat spds beat flats), number of carbon bits. That should sort out who has right of way without actually logging onto Strava.

How do you insert Emoticons on the mobile site?

If it's Taliban Pete I would suggest giving him right of way :w00t:

Or that big oke with tattoos who like to sneak up behind and then bliksem people on the Spruit. :lol:

Nice work to all the fairies! Thanks a lot! :thumbup: :clap:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stinks like an open african potty under there.

Gotta dodge the floaters.

Hats off for the idea and the effort though.

Leave a donation cup there for future work

If the poop pipe can be found , if reported as a potential Cholera hazard to municipality

As just down river folks shower under the fountain I can "try" have this fixed. Its possible the poop is from shopping center toilets. Send me a private message with pictures and exact area and I see what I can do. As I agree there is fresh poop flowing there.

From chatting to some trail fairies who worked on this... They seem to think that the smell comes from the water vegetation growing around there.

Last Thursday there was no smell when I went through. Maybe it's random pedestrians just pop in for a poop!

Also remember that there are squatters further up the spruit towards Emmerentia Dam and water also comes in from the Roosevelt Park golf club stream, where there are also squatters.

It's a difficult one to fix...

NSBB - Taliban Pete doesn't ride the spruit.

Well he has occasionally, but only under duress

It's crap, in more ways than one.

Just wanted to add that I took this little detour on my ride on Saturday and it was far better than having to cross the road. I enjoyed the ride a whole lot more due to one less road crossing and its quite neat the way the trail is cut into the bank on the other side of the culvet. Wanted to say thanks.

Stinks like an open african potty under there.

Gotta dodge the floaters.

Hats off for the idea and the effort though.

Leave a donation cup there for future work

The Fairy has started a donation account and quite a bit has already come in. He is currently in the process of using these funds to have a worker maintain the spruit and build new trails once a week.

Guest notmyname

Anybody rolled on the spruit this morning? Last nights storm was a corker so much so they've closed wittkoppen at paulshof. Did this work of wonder make it?

I was forced to take cover from the storm on the way home last night at Victory Park centre. I had a look at the flood water going under the bridge and from what I could see, the metal grid was still firmly in place. Granted, it was dark and the street lights did not throw much light on the raging stream.

Rode spruit this weekend and some gentleman was kind enough to point it out...

Brilliant work!!

Thank you :)