Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

At what H/A does a bike become useful for only going downhill and does it lose it's ability as a decent all round bike? Specifically if you consider Gauteng as the main place it will be used.

All about the seat tube angle, not HT angle...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All about the seat tube angle, not HT angle...

On a HT the set tube angle is less of an issue. A slack HTA does make the bike wander a bit more on climbs but its easily overcome. The positive trade off on the downs makes it all seem like a non-issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pipedream Moxie - 150-160mm travel, 27.5+ or 29"

It it just me or does that BB look very low , even with the ground almost curving up 

29er

Steel

Boost

What are my options ?

Solaris max would be nice but cotic are becoming over priced 

Piston, which bike did you vote for?

The Stanton. I see it's leading. Yourself?

Edited by Piston ZA

The On One frame arrived with a relative at the end of December. Stupidly I had thought the external headset for a tapered fork would be easy to source here. it wasn't so CRC  assisted with a Nukeproof at a brilliant price. Another UK family visitor brought it in a few days later. The build is straight off my old enduro and seems to work a treat. Since the pic I have added chainstay protection and the dropper post cable. Only gripe is the stupid left hand side semi internal cable routing. Why would you make the ports on the left when the cable should come out on the right and run to the left hand side of the bar.  Must be a throwback to left hand shifters and dropper levers on the right.

post-14003-0-55040000-1515401995_thumb.jpg