Dreamy Long Travel / AM Hardtails

Hairy

Yep i think its the actual white one - which I only saw now for the first time on their site.  They've also put the pricing back up on the large ones :/ 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate.  Well the price is back up to GBP 194 for the L in either pearl white or flat black. And GBP 165 to get it here.  Think i'll pass, and deal with the battering that you get on an ally frame.

Thanks! I rode my buds deedar in the pic and it is just sublime!! Hence the interest in perhaps building the rag over onto one. Bit pricey tho:/

Hi Odinson,

The rider this frame was designed for is 175cm, so not very tall and riding the 120mm setup, due to the plushness of the 2.8" tires.

Your comment on ST angle is very true though, especially when short chain stays are used on larger frames for taller riders.

The ST angle with a 150mm fork is incredibly slack and taller riders will be pitching over backwards whilst climbing. 

Perhaps look into a dedicated long travel frame, where you can have a steeper ST angle, lower BB and throw in a little extra reach. 

That Rag is very cool.

Having said that .... I have a Deedar frame waiting to clear customs in JNB as we speak ..

Took advantage of the recent sale.

Should hopefully be rolling on it next week 

Just ordered a Dee Dar frame in pearl white size L. Going to try run it as a 26er with a 160 Pike... 

Why not 27,5? 26ers are dead man! :P

One One do a very sexy pearl white that really comes alive in the sun....congrats HeadShot!!!!

Thanks, its the second one - all white with black writing .. its going to relatives in the UK, but we still have to figure out the most cost effective way of getting it here. BA charge them 140 pounds for an extra baggage allowance... eish!

Why not 27,5? 26ers are dead man! :P

Totally dead, but I have a 160 Pike 26er, and all the other kit bar a rear hub to finish the thing with so 26 it is! Thing should be great fun.

On the subject of bigger wheels I have been riding my 27.5 almost plus enduro a bit more. I am not yet sold on the bigger wheels. They work quite well and as a whole the bike is brilliant, but it just isnt as nippy and fun feeling as a 26 with 2.35's on it. 

The HT will see duty as a fun shredder and family outing or even stage race bike. The enduro is shaping up as a race and shuttle day bike. It really does feel like more of a DH bike  - rear suspension is on a different level to anything I's ridden before.

Pearl White is this .... back in 2010.. :P

What happened to that awesome, superb, beautiful,  irreplaceable bike? 

Thanks mate.  Well the price is back up to GBP 194 for the L in either pearl white or flat black. And GBP 165 to get it here.  Think i'll pass, and deal with the battering that you get on an ally frame.

Wow, I got a reasonable deal then, provided I can get it here cheaply enough. i wonder what ordinary Royal Mail will cost...