You hope your brakes look as good as Shimano XTR

Guest Travis.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is a good looking bit of kit.

Has a very mass produced look about it but then again so does, Avid, Hayes etc. The machined look of Hope is my personal preference.

Being XTR you would expect the two halves of the caliper to align a little better. A bit like buying a Porsche with inconsistent panel gaps.

hahaha. Even tho I'm a hope fan I like the new Shimano stuff a lot.

Hehe. Don't think I haven't noticed your "hidden" secret.....

Guest Omega Man

Hehe. Don't think I haven't noticed your "hidden" secret.....

hehe. Full Saint. Why the hell not?

D#@% measuring contest

A conflict in which two parties (ususally male) are vehemently disputing something of limited relevance. Generally, both parties are somewhat wrong, but each refuses to be back down for fear of being thought the have the smaller of their two (MEMBERS.)Similar to a pis#$%^ CONTEST, but generally, the conflict involved involves a larger element of machismo, and continues on only because neither side wants to be seen as the one who backs down.

Guest Travis.

hahaha! touche!

but what is that on the inside of the rotor? Is it for slicing poloni?

Nice chirp on dips there!

Has a very mass produced look about it but then again so does, Avid, Hayes etc. The machined look of Hope is my personal preference.

Semi agreed.

Hope are the definitely the best looking. You'd have to claw my XTRs out of my cold stiff hands though - best brakes I've ever used.

D#@% measuring contest

A conflict in which two parties (ususally male) are vehemently disputing something of limited relevance. Generally, both parties are somewhat wrong, but each refuses to be back down for fear of being thought the have the smaller of their two (MEMBERS.)Similar to a pis#$%^ CONTEST, but generally, the conflict involved involves a larger element of machismo, and continues on only because neither side wants to be seen as the one who backs down.

post-32242-0-83947200-1383219423_thumb.gif

It really is a good looking bit of kit.

Being XTR you would expect the two halves of the caliper to align a little better. A bit like buying a Porsche with inconsistent panel gaps.

Yeah very similar to the human race.

Semi agreed.

Hope are the definitely the best looking. You'd have to claw my XTRs out of my cold stiff hands though - best brakes I've ever used.

I will not argue that Shimano makes really good feeling brakes. I love the on-off feel of the levers. Super nice even down the the entry level BRM-525 models.

I had XTR on the Singular and I they really worked well. Light 1-finger braking, easy to maintain etc. Went with Hopes due to a failure on the front caliper. Happy that I did.

Im fitting an XTR/SLX hydbrid system on the Jamis soon.

Guest Travis.

I too remember 2010

http://images.esellerpro.com/2375/I/137/487/6/avid_x0_silver.jpg

I don't see the resemblance