What size chainring is good on 1x10?

Craigwt

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Praat n dun wiel convert pfft...berge te rof?

Feck, didn't see that one coming.....booom knockout on the chin

Rouxtjie leaving....tail between legs :ph34r:

PS my 2c regarding this thread

Forget the amount of gears you have....focus on ratios....one of dangle's earlier posts mentioned it I think.

Get bikegearcalc on appstore and play around.

PS my 2c regarding this thread

Forget the amount of gears you have....focus on ratios....one of dangle's earlier posts mentioned it I think.

Get bikegearcalc on appstore and play around.

or use this one

http://software.bareknucklebrigade.com/rabbit.applet.html

Been using it a lot since building up a 29er to get the same ratio's that I had on my 26" bike.

For now I'm using a 36 up front, and a 11-36 at the back, will see how it goes up the "little bumps" that we have here :thumbup:

I value everyone's input here but sometimes you just have to go an experience it for yourself, whether its a breeze in the park or a *** off session. That's something I've learned over time from Hubbers is to take everything with a pinch of salt. P.s. No disrespect intended to anyone that has given their input already.

Flip, I told myself I won't go this route, but the weather in CT is crap today, I'm bored, and all this 1x10 waffle just got me a bit interested,...so off I went and bought the bloody chainring.

I know I know, its only a 30T, but I'm just checking it out and besides I have a 11-34 cassette here in the Tygerberg Trails...so let's see how it goes.

post-17321-0-16021100-1389172747_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrandonF

I value everyone's input here but sometimes you just have to go an experience it for yourself, whether its a breeze in the park or a *** off session. That's something I've learned over time from Hubbers is to take everything with a pinch of salt. P.s. No disrespect intended to anyone that has given their input already.

You must experience it, you will be one of a few who will be able to turn around and say you did that on a rigid.

Good luck and keep us updated :thumbup:

Wow, is that yours?

what Builders did you get the pipe from for the seat post?

LOL! Just looks long because of the medium frame instead of the large I was suppose to get. In theory Saddle height would've been the same though.