2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Trance 2 2014 brakes are Deore level levers with Alivio calipers, and 2015 is Deore / Deore.

It's not worth the upgrade unless they're broken, IMO.

EDIT: You'll get a far more worthwhile performance upgrade with new rotors (if you're on 160 go to 180 if you're on 180 go to 203) than you would with the upgrade to SLX.

Plus, you'd get wicked braking power on your new set, if you ever do upgrade...

Cool. Thanks! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Thanks! :)

Pleasure, man. There's very few things that help upgrade a bike's braking performance as much as larger rotors. Except going for Saint / Code / Guide / Elixir Trail / Hope brakesets, that is. But then you're spending waaaaaay more than R 200 for a 203mm rotor (from CWC - the Alligator PIZZA ones work perfectly) and R 150 for an adapter.

Took mine for its first groenkloof outing this morning and managed to tear the sidewall of the nobby nic. Can anyone suggest a decent tubeless replacement that can withstand the rocks in gp?

Took mine for its first groenkloof outing this morning and managed to tear the sidewall of the nobby nic. Can anyone suggest a decent tubeless replacement that can withstand the rocks in gp?

I weigh 100kg and ride 99% in Gauteng .Tried and used many .Conti Protection can handle the sharp magalies rocks .

2015 Giant Trance bikes now on the floor at Action Cycles CT ;)

They'll be gone in a flash - mark my words. These bikes MOVE! :thumbup:

Nice choice of bars!

What do those sell for when you play rubber arm with Action Cycles

No idea re the bars...The bike is around the 23k Mark of I heard correctly

Archived