94.7 number collection

steve61

Roll on Africa Cycle Fair 2014..

Argus normally has a great expo, probably because of the importers based down there (Cape Cycle Systems et al) and we know how these neo-colonial WC-based corporates feel about the rest of SA.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if we are able to use the old yellow winningtime chips on Sunday or does it have to be the new RaceTec ones?

Does anyone know if we are able to use the old yellow winningtime chips on Sunday or does it have to be the new RaceTec ones?

You can, just take it and check the details, they actually took my old chip back and gave me a new one.

My one mate has been living in OZ for 6 years now.

All my details were on his name, race results the lot.

That now explains my original seeding.

Stop bitching, if you don't like it don't enter.

And go at a different time if you don't want to wait. Everyone knows Thursday morning is going to be crowded.

Stop bitching, if you don't like it don't enter.

And go at a different time if you don't want to wait. Everyone knows Thursday morning is going to be crowded.

Hey , here is a snippet, stop patronizing people when you don't like their posts.

If I am not mistaken the expo is open until 20:00 tonight. Which I thought was quite convenient. I have never before experienced queues at collection but then again I never went during office hours. I always found it a pain in the backside that the expo closed so early on a Fri and I never saw anything.

After reading this I feel like burdening one of my friends with collection but I might just go past.

MTB number collection wasn't any better for me than the people ranting on here.

Perhaps it's just this year - perhaps the staff that they hired wasn't as good and they'd need to train them more. Fetching an envelope is one thing, dealing with issues like missing numbers should be escalated to someone who knows what to do in the situation

Been there done it, it was a breeze. From what i could see the hold up can be from those collecting, one woman asked the poor guy at collections everything from parking, WP on route to catering (LADY ITS COLLECTIONS NOT INFO), she would probably still be asking had i not informed her nicely that its all covered in the 94.7 race book. The guy that assisted me was efficient and after a slight hiccup when he could not find my number,which i'm to blame, he appeared with my yellow number.

Expo was OK, a lot of shops selling a variety of energy drinks and supplements. Picked up 2 gators and pair of Craft cycle bibs.

At R14 a can i thought the coke was a bit expensive, :whistling: BUT not complaining, i did get a free straw :w00t:

Edited by scotty

No ,but I am going to complain about the word travic, again the S.A. schooling system let someone down, this time it was me.

They never taught me the word travic.

Edit

Or the word proses in this context.

Ja, ek is dalk nie 'n "english spell checker" nie. Wyatt Earp ou maat jy moet dalk leer dat ‘n goeie begryper net ‘n halwe word nodig het.

Do you whant to talk about spelling and grammer or cycling?

Edited by Bester's

Expo was OK, a lot of shops selling a variety of energy drinks and supplements. Picked up 2 gators and pair of Craft cycle bibs.

At R14 a can i thought the coke was a bit expensive, :whistling: BUT not complaining, i did get a free straw :w00t:

More or less my experience too....

You should have bought a nice ice cold 32GI drink for 10 bucks.....

was nice to feel the vibe, its gonna be an awesome day Sunday

Ja, ek is dalk nie 'n "english spell checker" nie. Wyatt Earp ou maat jy moet dalk leer dat ‘n goeie begryper net ‘n halwe word nodig het.

Do you whant to talk about spelling and grammer or cycling?

Jou afrikaanse "spell checker" het ook sy gat gesien.

Miskien moet jy dalk ook leer dat mense die reg het om te kla oor swak diens.

Gister het hulle swak diens gekry en hulle het die reg om daaroor the kla, dit is onanvaarbaar.

helped within 10 minutes this morning, loved the vibe in the hall. quick walk around the expo. bought a tire for me MTB bike racing ralph for 500 bucks, pair of 94.7 socks for me and me mates, bag of 10 bombs for 90 bucks (nice) and got suckered into buying a neck massage lotion thing that comes in a roll on and smells like peppermint... that dude caught me lekker :) well played massage dude...

shameless plug for me charity while i'm here: SOS Childrens Villages. donate R50 or whatever here:

http://www.givengain.com/activist/105125/projects/6309/#extras

A question for fully licensed riders....did you get a race number to mount on your bike, or dont they issue these for the 94.7?

Honesty people, there are a lot of moaners out there. I drove a little further into the parking and avoided parking queue and R20. So I walked a little more under the noon sun. It just so happened that the line I had to stand in was the longest.(m). So a little chat to the lady in front, and the youngster behind me, and the next thing I know, I was at the front. 2 minutes later I was walking through the stalls. Yes, certain things could be improved, but its how you approach things that makes the difference. I can't wait for the fun to start on Sunday. Good luck and enjoyment to all.

Ok so quick question!

I got a start in SS.. I did one seeding event, dome to dome, in 3:15.

This is my first 94.7.

I have a csa licence and all.

Should this be a case for a re seed? I can't really afford to have it re seeded but I'm hoping for a sub 3:20ish... I could probably push from ss but am worried about traffic!

Any help or advice guys?

Edited by AfdElite