Road cyclists breaking about every rule in the book

SomeBloke

Went out for a ride around Joburg early Sunday and came across hoards of roadies (and quite a few mountain bikers as well) riding anywhere up to six abreast. Idiots were cycling on the highways (N3 and M2) and in the suburbs half of them were riding in the oncoming lanes.

If there had been cars it would have been impossible for them to pass whilst keeping a 1.5m gap.

And yes, I took this photo from the passenger seat.

http://i.imgur.com/djtdgDW.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the JMPD was pathetic. This was going on the whole day and they could not do anything about it. They were probably bribed with Chocolate Chocolate and therefore there was no chocolate for the kids next to the road.

I think the JMPD was pathetic. This was going on the whole day and they could not do anything about it. They were probably bribed with Chocolate Chocolate and therefore there was no chocolate for the kids next to the road.

They honestly just stood there and smiled while these cyclists waved at them.

They honestly just stood there and smiled while these cyclists waved at them.

What barefaced cheek! What arrogance! :cursing:

Hey Somebloke,

You need to come clean on something...

Were you one of the wives mentioned in the other thread that ran to stake your place at the front of your start batch?

Also did you do the done thing (as the passenger on the Tandem) and swear at all these cyclists to get out your way?

You should have seen them on the highway. The N14 ... I am telling you. My uncle has a aunt staying in JHB who said they had cyclists on the M1. Crazy I'm telling you.

Edited by Bateleur1

I was so thankful of the EFF to come and support the event. Will this influence my vote next year..................I think not.

There was even a DA gazebo. But the lady was busy with her crochet and did not cheer my sorry attempt to climb like a pro .....................Now really confused who to vote for :huh:

Edited by Hennie VR