Whats going on with The Jock?

Li Mu Bai

no R180 for 1 stage, R420 for 2. do the math, 3x180 still doesnt = the 3 stage fee. seems like the more you do the more you pay, usually works the other way round...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no R180 for 1 stage, R420 for 2. do the math, 3x180 still doesnt = the 3 stage fee. seems like the more you do the more you pay, usually works the other way round...

ASG have a different calculator :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I have just received a notification for the Jock Cycle race next year.

I am a bit concerned. Since ASG has taken over the entry fee has increaced by by 50% in 2 years.

Is this reasonable? R720 for the 3 satges (in one day)

Not only has the traditional route changed (assumed because of the Barberton road works) but the goodie bag doesnt even include the fleece jacket from 2012.

It seems a real pity, and I would like to know why is this race suddenly costing so much more? Stadium hire?

any thoughts?

The new ASG chairman wants to be driving a Porsche by year end? :whistling:

Jip, will never take part in any ASG event any more!

If you think professional womans cycling dissapeared fast in SA, wait until ASG have a monopoly on all races in SA and see what happens.

We need to grow the sport not exploit it!

Was chatting to a mate that owns a bike shop yesterday at the 94.7 and he says that most of the stuff that goes on auction here on the hub is less than the cost that he pays. Yes its good for the consumer but where do you see the wholesaler go direct to the consumer and kill the guys that got them to where they are now? im all for good deals but closing stores down is'isn't cool if you ask me. They won't see another cent from me.

Guys you will **** a brick if you know the landing cost of Rudy Project merchandise and sunglasses in SA and it is not only ASG all distributors of spectacles rip us off badly! Try more than 400% mark up!

The new ASG chairman wants to be driving a Porsche by year end? :whistling:

Doesnt one of the big bosses have his own helicopter?

That is where ASG will lose out, we were planning on doing both the Kremetart and the Jock. Now we are not doing the Jock but will be going to do the Kremetart. So by trying to rip us off they have now lost out on five entries.

Make that six

Hulle kan gaan k_k in die mielies.

And it's not even hire of the stadium as such, just the parking lot and crappy toilets....

Seriaas rip off me thinks.

I preferred the old route though, just feel like the Jock belongs in Barbeton.

And now there's not even a Barbeton Mtb race this year, feel sorry for the Barbeton businesses.

I think that's way too much.

The Jock is my favourite one-day race. Even better, I prefer the new route to the old one. But there is no way that I am paying R700+ for three 50km stages. Is all of that going for venue hire?

Surely 1.125 million Souf African Raundts is far too much to pay for venue hire at two schools and one stadium (that simple calculation does NOT include any entries for the 1 and two stage race)!!!

We really do not get that much for one Jock entry...

When I ranted some months back about ChampionCheat ripping off cyclists and suggested cyclist boycott their events, a lot of hubbers laughed at me and said if you don't want to pay their fee then don't enter the event.

When the guy from jacaranda club ranted about ASG stealing their race, there was a lot of unsupported reactions. when the classic was held by ASG, the entry fee was stupidly high.

Now the rants carry on with them and the Jock. So whats the solution ???

Call on everyone to boycott the race period. Cyclists need to use their collective power in numbers to show that we won't be messed with.

Maybe get critical mass to organise a mass ride on the same day on the same route. It's not full road closure, so legally they cannot stop you from riding on the route.

But the sheeple will still enter, pay their hard earned cash and things won't change