Top end kiddies bikes.

gummibear

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered a Frog 62 for our 6 year old from http://za.frogbikes.com/ - Grant Usher is distributing them, nice spec, aluminium frame, so lighter than a lot of the kids bikes out there.

The youngest is still on the JD Bug, great bikes to teach balance!

Stretch ... does Grant U have a www?

Balance bikes are defiantly the way to go. We had to find some bikes for our twins - Double Trouble.

We searched around and checked all of the specification of the various balance bikes, and found a photo of the Strider distributor riding one? I don't know how much he weighs but seems to be heavy enough!

The other bikes are all very heavy and don't let the kids ride them from as young or to as old. Our twins are only 16 Months now and free wheeling already.

I pulled this off their facebook site. https://www.facebook.com/XSTREAMBALANCE

1379935_601695759873890_460417090_n.jpg

Our research led us to find that the Strider was the lightest, strongest and most cost effective bike with the best geometry and adjustability. They don't have a shop in Cape Town and we were very dubious ordering them online, but got them within 3 days and were so pleased that we did.

Unpacking them was awesome and we have had fun ever since. I cant wait for these dare devils to be big enough to start standing and jumping.

These guys are doing is remarkable stuff and cant wait for them to come to the Cape. I think we will get a few accessories if the Mrs allows the budget for some pimping. They have a new full aluminum model coming out and weighs only 2.2kg's maybe we will wait for those.

strider-st-4.html

Strider

• 1 month later...

Like stretched said the frog bikes are great ,very light for a kids bike and seem to be build very well defiantly my kids next bike.

Frogbike FTW! Just swapped out the slick tyre for a set of knobblies and my daughter is tearing it up! Been looking for a quality kids bike for a year or so and this ticks all the boxes. Well done Grant!

Frogbike FTW! Just swapped out the slick tyre for a set of knobblies and my daughter is tearing it up! Been looking for a quality kids bike for a year or so and this ticks all the boxes. Well done Grant!

Agree on the tyres, will swap them out for something a little more off-road after the holidays.

I had trouble finding a pedal bike for my 3yr old cause he is on the 'smallish' side and his balancing bike he mastered. The bike shops were actually useless. Actually ended up getting a bike at PnP for R400, he loves it. Soon I will buy him the 16inch Titan, his brother is 2 turning 3, and the 3rd boy is due in March, so hand me down opportunities make any investment worthwhile.

I had trouble finding a pedal bike for my 3yr old cause he is on the 'smallish' side and his balancing bike he mastered. The bike shops were actually useless. Actually ended up getting a bike at PnP for R400, he loves it. Soon I will buy him the 16inch Titan, his brother is 2 turning 3, and the 3rd boy is due in March, so hand me down opportunities make any investment worthwhile.

I must say the LBS don't have a great range and the Game/Makro is Game/Makro. I found fixed cogs, back pedal brakes, bikes with only rear or front brakes. I just wanted a bike that will operate like all his future bikes and PnP surprisingly saved the day.

He didn't need the sidewheels and is now getting the hang of front brakes, hands can barely reach though.

all I need now is all these people to keep their dogs on leashes so that I don't freak out everytime. 'yes they do bite, and maul children, can't take chances' enough examples. just needed to get this off my chest.post-42365-0-22334000-1388690115_thumb.jpg