DC and the white line

stratus5

I was told that evidence exists of our team crossing the white line possibly down the back of the Op de Tradouw pass whilst passing a slower team.As a member of the team I do not deny this. We crossed the white line on a number of occasions as it was the only way to get around slower teams who would not move over.BUT ... nearly every team that past us crossed the white line.We have wonderful photo's of the event that show every top team (thanks Facebook and event photographers) riding across the white line on numerous occasions.So I am sure that the rules will be applied equally and any photographic evidence of any team across the line will be used to disqualify them. The rules will of course be applied fairly and without discrimination.

edit: I may have been misled and no formal complaint may have been lodged PPA as I claimed earlier.

Edited by stratus5

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might be a similar situation to the big tours in europe.They'll have to disqualify every team with a photo that shows even one team member over the white line if they want to be consistent. Could end up with the 50th placed team taking the win:)

Should you not wait for the PPA to finish their investigation before taking to the social media?

No. Why are we even being investigated. Surely there should be multiple investigations going on? Like about 220? Why the favouritism. A friendly warning would have sufficed, but an investigation is formal! If the rules are then applied we are disqualified. There can be no other result from an "investigation"

OP: I fully agree with your sentiments. A possible remedy is to re-look the seeding format to get the faster teams off early, but that would create the same classic time trial problems with regards to drafting etc.

Perhaps the event is simply just too big to enforce rules that are designed to look after rider safety. If you look at the winning margin it is also very clear that there would not have been sufficient advantage to pull out such a big time gap on opposition and if you consider the notion that they also had to cross the white line from time to time it becomes a joke. Now if teams were feeding illegally or getting outside assistance beyond the feeding/tech zones it becomes a different matter.

I suggest that you follow the formal appeal procedure should you be DQ'd

OMG!!!!!11!! We too crossed the white line!!!! I have no idea how I will continue to live if we lose our hard fought 189th place!

I guess it does not really matter in the big picture. Would you be happy with being disqualified though?

I guess it does not really matter in the big picture. Would you be happy with being disqualified though?

You haven't been yet?

I was Dq'd on a Ironman for wearing earphones on the bike.I saw many others but i knew what i did was wrong.

I fully agree with the OP, its simply impossible to pass the slower teams without crossing the white line at some stages, especially at the bigger climbs there are riders all over the place, even the slower riders go over the white line.

If they apply that rule consistently at least 90% of the teams must be disqualified IMO

Should you not wait for the PPA to finish their investigation before taking to the social media?

I think not, you can't be Un-Crucified! Sink the whole damn ship! Time the guys in control lived by their rules too!

OMG!!!!!11!! We too crossed the white line!!!! I have no idea how I will continue to live if we lose our hard fought 189th place!

189th I would not really even bother . 1st another story I would assume .

You haven't been yet?

I was Dq'd on a Ironman for wearing earphones on the bike.I saw many others but i knew what i did was wrong.

No not yet ;>) This will be a first. And I don't deny being naughty and will accept any sanction, but it does seem a little harsh. I just think that perhaps clubs are easier targets than sponsored teams.

No. Why are we even being investigated. Surely there should be multiple investigations going on? Like about 220? Why the favouritism. A friendly warning would have sufficed, but an investigation is formal! If the rules are then applied we are disqualified. There can be no other result from an "investigation"

Lay a complaint against the teams in the photos then.

I fully agree with the OP, its simply impossible to pass the slower teams without crossing the white line at some stages, especially at the bigger climbs there are riders all over the place, even the slower riders go over the white line.

If they apply that rule consistently at least 90% of the teams must be disqualified IMO

Agreed