Knee Pain

Looking for some help.

I recently had a bike setup done. had bad lower back pain, this was sorted by the bike setup.

but recently I started getting these pains in both my knees. the pain is just behind the patella and when I start climbing. I have read that this could be from over training to fast and to hard. Does anyone know of a pain relief or what to do. I am doing a 2 day stage race on Friday and would some comfort ??

thanks

did ur saddle move forward or backward (even slightly)

i found that caused my knee to pain. a nerve in the bum was pinched while on the bike

Your useful training is done for the race - take the rest of the week off - all you will achieve is to be tired if you carry on training.

And if you experience pain when riding, swap to a lower gear/higher cadence - high pressure pedalling (hard but slow) does exacerbate this kind of knee pain - assuming you have no other cause/injury that contributes.

I suppose knee pain can from many things. I used to suffer from knee pain similar to what you describe. I had a BG bike fit done and shims were placed in my shoes to straighten the dip to the inside I have when my left knee was in the extended position. Knee pain 98% gone and I am a happy camper again.

You should exercise your ass muscles (I think it helps for lower back as well). That helps!

I do A and sometimes C as well (not very fond of C), without the rope or rubber band.

http://goforwardracing.com/wp-content/uploads/images/practicalAdvice.jpg

..and your bike setup helps (I think mine is completely wrong, but I don't have many pains)!

Hi

I have excruciating pain when I kneel, just below the surface of the skin. It feels like nerve pain and it shoots to the side of my knee. It feels like glass cutting. The minute I get up and take the pressure off I am totally pain free again.I can replicate this pain by pressing on the tendon at the "hot spot". I first experienced this a few days after Amashova, so I thought it might have been an overuse injury, so I thought it would settle but it has not.

I can ride and walk totally pain free, but after long rides it is somewhat tender.

I saw my physio - she told me not to kneel, but I don't want to accept that. I have tried icing it, to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated.

He did check it yes.
Have you been doing any low cadence / high resistance training recently?Sometimes people do this type of training to improve strength but it can cause knee pain if you overdo it i.e. ride with to low a cadence / high gear.EDIT:Normally a few easy riding days / light stretching will resolve the pain issue.Even some cross training such a swimming (not breast stroke) can help Edited by SwissVan

Hi

I have excruciating pain when I kneel, just below the surface of the skin. It feels like nerve pain and it shoots to the side of my knee. It feels like glass cutting. The minute I get up and take the pressure off I am totally pain free again.I can replicate this pain by pressing on the tendon at the "hot spot". I first experienced this a few days after Amashova, so I thought it might have been an overuse injury, so I thought it would settle but it has not.

I can ride and walk totally pain free, but after long rides it is somewhat tender.

I saw my physio - she told me not to kneel, but I don't want to accept that. I have tried icing it, to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated.

Depends where exactly it is - there is a bursa in the region that could give you that effect - If it was my knee, I would consider a cortisone injection into it to try and get it to settle - I don't believe oral anti inflammatories would have much effect.

Depends where exactly it is - there is a bursa in the region that could give you that effect - If it was my knee, I would consider a cortisone injection into it to try and get it to settle - I don't believe oral anti inflammatories would have much effect.

Many thanks, V12man, I'll give it a shot!