Jaco-fiets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If insurance agrees I will be looking at a new roadbike

What do you guys suggest for around that price? I was thinking scott foil perhaps. Thought I would get a 2013 Foil 10 for a good price only to find out that they did not bring in any 2013 foil 10's. I did however get a good price so far on the foil team (slightly higher than price indication obviously). Another thought was trying a Fondriest but then I guess I would have to build 1 up which would cost a bit more than 40K

Open to suggestions pls

SCOTT FOIL FTW!!! Can't go wrong there Jaco :thumbup:

Please explain to me.

If you had R40k to spend on a bike why on earth would you need to ask on a forum for advice - surely by now you know something about bikes and might even have some dreams about what you want.

Or is there some other reason?

(flame suite on)

Edited by porqui

Please explain to me.

If you had R40k to spend on a bike why on earth would you need to ask on a forum for advice - surely by now you know something about bikes and might even have some dreams about what you want.

Wtf?

(Listening is learning;

Considering other points of view;

Testing one's reality against others;

Knowing that one doesn't know what one doesn't know, etc)

Please explain to me.

Exactly ! I would have one build by Mnr English and put ultegra everywhere

Sorry for the hijack but what's the ride on these like (keen on an aero road bike - tried the foil which is HARSH)

Then this what you want.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/408577_10151179008382455_1150735913_n.jpg

Don't know if the propel is available in this country

There are a lot of guys here who knows about bikes. Always good to get opinions from others. Maybe somebody knew about a great deal on a high end bike. Numerous reasons

Oh and for 40K you can not buy your dream bike. 40K hardly gives you a avg spec bike these days at RRP

Edited by Jaco-fiets

that's relative, a dream bike for one is not the same for somebody else, also average spec definitely means different thinhs to different people - obviously also depends heavily upon what you had before.

If patient, you could get a way more bike for R40K if you buy build up your bike as opposed to buying new.

that's relative, a dream bike for one is not the same for somebody else, also average spec definitely means different thinhs to different people - obviously also depends heavily upon what you had before.

If patient, you could get a way more bike for R40K if you buy build up your bike as opposed to buying new.

Probably true, but it takes a lot of time and punching of the calculator.

yeah, for sure - but could get very lucky and score some nice bargains - bike will then be to personal spec - most bikes off the salesfloor will require some form of upgrade - almost always wheels, maybe handlebars and potentially saddle etc. etc.

Hi,

I do not care about the reasons, but it was interesting to see the different opinions and options available,

Sarge