nobody wants to sell me a bike

finallygotabike

Been trying to buy a new 29'er for some time now but nobody is interested in selling me one, just not returning calls/queries anymore.

1. In July I started by going to a LBS in Sandton as they cover a specific US brand. They gave me good pricing on a build but did not have any frames in stock but would promptly contact me in 6 weeks time when the frames arrive. 6 weeks came and still no word.....

2. In Nov I was in Cape Town and thought let me pop into a certain LBS In Greenpoint re a lefty. They had to look around to try and find a frame but would get back to me a few days later on availability & pricing ( i wanted to change some components). Few days later I get call to say they found a frame, when I asked about pricing they said "sure, we will send it to you". Still waiting.....

3. Went to another dealer in Northgate a few weeks ago to enquire about same Lefty, still waiting on feedback.....

4. At the same time I also tried the opening of a new LBS in Fourways, again still waiting....

5. Last week I went to a LBS In Linden, same story same result.......still waiting

6. Today I went back to shop no1 to enquire about the carbon models ( they did not remember from the last time), they selling the frame for same price as a complete bike in the US........

So, in conclusion is it just me having bad luck or should I start to look at overseas markets and bring a bike in myself? (anyone done this via a courier?)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking to the wrong people!

That does suck though. Im sorry. If you've checked sizing and spec just order it and be done with it. Nothing wrong with that.

There is this guy in Plett that can get you ANYTHING....just EFT the deposit first to his bank in JHB

hahaha. Does not look like this okie wants to buy a bike, no reply here