Are these real or fake

Meentb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are overly cautious considering the fakes that do the round. I apologized to Sparro but the there were key triggers in this case that made me ASSume stuff, yes it did blow up in my face, but rather safe than sorry

He had zero posts to his name

The goods didn't look like what we were used to(turned out to be older models)

He got on the defensive out of the blocks

He is asking price wasn't in line with what I would expect to pay for that

:thumbup:

I also like to rat out the fakes. go look in the eyewear section and you will see. but i do like to show the seller that i am merely pointing out that he is in posession of fake goods. Let him make the call and inform potential buyers. when he gets agro on me then i will flame his ass!!! but the key is to do our homework properly before the mud slinging starts

Edited by no calves

:thumbup:

I also like to rat out the fakes. go look in the eyewear section and you will see. but i do like to show the seller that i am merely pointing out that he is in posession of fake goods. Let him make the call and inform potential buyers. when he gets agro on me then i will flame his ass!!! but the key is to do our homework properly before the mud slinging starts

Sure and true.... :thumbup:

Ok, let's put the record straight. I bought a Scott Scale LTD a year or two back from a bloke with knee issues and these bars and the stem was on the bike, plus a carbon seat post, Selle Italia Carbon saddle, full XTR group set and mavic cross max slr wheels. So why in the world would I ever suspect the Richey stuff to be fake? The bike was a 2006, so it could also be that the fonts have changed since ?

Anyway, If it is fake, then so be it, it still looks great and weighs nothing. I'll remove the add and give the stuff away because it won't work on my trail bike.

You are more than welcome to donate to me, I don't mind. :whistling:

Well take your EXPERT opinion and go rethink it. You were wrong together with the rest. before you go flame a seller again better do your homework properly......

I never flamed the seller. In fact I never said a word to the seller. Not here or on his ad. I merely said in my second post on pg 1 that the product might be fake.

I never flamed the seller. In fact I never said a word to the seller. Not here or on his ad. I merely said in my second post on pg 1 that the product might be fake.

Agreed and furthermore, some poor schmuck MIGHT have bought fake bars. In fact, I was surprised by the relatively muted comments (compared to usual "hub" style :eek: ). Nobody was flaming the seller or telling him where to get off. It was simply a query - are these fake?

What the buyer SHOULD have done is reply in a "non-defensive" way and say that in fact they are real and give evidence. That would have made this whole thing go away. That's what I would have done.

Hennie - by all means feel free to point out "suspicious" looking goods in future. There is so much of this going around and you might get some instances where a genuine item is labelled as dubious but rather safe than sorry. :thumbup:

The real issue here is the OP Meentb, this is not the first time he has questioned a seller in an open forum like this and raised the issue of trial by social media in this manner.

http://www.thehubsa....age__hl__who is

And at no time has he openly apologised to the seller for questioning them and found to be in the wrong.

Each time he has failed to do his homework before posting... so we should be questioning Meentb and be flaming him rather than the OP.

Edited by shaper

There are far too many opinions being given out as facts... when do we get a dislike button??

disclaimer: this isn't an opinion, its a fact :ph34r:

Edited by kingalton

The real issue here is the OP Meentb, this is not the first time he has questioned a seller in an open forum like this and raised the issue of trial by social media in this manner.

And at no time has he openly apologised to the seller for questioning them and found to be in the wrong.

Each time he has failed to do his homework before posting... so we should be questioning Meentb and be flaming him rather than the OP.

Dear Mr Shaper.

In no way did I mention the advertisement in my original post. I was actually interested in buying the handlebar but after post in the ad I thought ill do my homework.

Now if If I can't so homework on here where the fark must I do it. I merely asked is this fake or not. I do not have he knowledge that No Calves posses that's why I asked the question.

With regards to Nancyvdw. Yes I did ask who she is as she did not want to disclose any info in her ad. She subsequently deleted all her ads.

So please feel free to flame for asking a simple is this fake or not WITHOUT posting a link to the said advertisement.