Chain Reaction Cycles: Import duties?

Acerunner

Hi Gents,

Just wanna know if you pay import tax when ordering clothes from Chain Reaction Cycles.

I ordered some stuff from livestrong.com and had to pay a crapload when collecting at the post office.

Thanks in advance.

Ace

Yep, you do.

Add 45% Duties, 14% VAT, PO handling fee of R35 or about R150 for courier disbursement fees, and customs use their own exchange rate which is usually a little bit higher than the published rate (you can google it if you're keen)

Hi Gents,

Just wanna know if you pay import tax when ordering clothes from Chain Reaction Cycles.

I ordered some stuff from livestrong.com and had to pay a crapload when collecting at the post office.

Thanks in advance.

Ace

40% import duty on clothing...

Geez!!! 42% *^! :eek:

Please explain the cheatlong thing. I wanna buy there because they have the coolest collection of cycling apparel online, DAMM THEY HAVE COOL S.H.I.T on that site!!

Off course you're going to pay Import duties on Clothes. Why the hell do you want to import clothes. They have one of the Highest Duties?

You pay so High Duties, because us Customs Officers, needs a lekker Big Bonus to buy some more Bicycle Stuff,lol :whistling:

I did buy a pair of 5.10s from there, seeing as you can't always get them locally. Worked out to a fair price incl. customs.

Livestrong , Lance Armstrong, Cheatlong.

by no way directed towards CRC.

O LOL!! got it, dude they have awesome stuff there, and you donate to charity + you get the coolest arm warmers in the world.

The tax attached to buying goods from Livestrong is called "I was conned by the macdaddy of effing pricks" tax

Clothing is one of the every day items that has the highest import duties. It's the government's way of trying to make "local lekker"