MTB for R25k: Specialized or a Scott?

JASON ZN

This is making my head hurt.

Dude, learn to communicate. Unless you're 13 and typing on a phone while in class, there is no excuse for 3 word sentences which look like Jacob Zuma's head.

sorry at work using my phone and in between phone calls

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a hardtail pick Between Scott and Specialized. I would pick Giant. Best value for money out there. And you can get those XTC 29r advanced's for super cheap because Giant is has gone all "650B". I have one and except for the 10kg wheelset it is an awesome bike. I have put my carbon frame down on the rocks, hard. Only a bit of the clearcoat came off. They are built super strong, maybe not the lightest, but surely one of the strongest. I even considered putting a dropper post on mine to go ride some serious trails and jumps, but think I might break it eventually.

For a dual suspension you are not going to get a great deal for that money. Better stick to the HT. Specialized has the better suspension design between the two, but you pay for that. The Scott one is super simple, but you have to work that twin lock like there is no tomorrow.

Decently priced dual sus BMC's here!

http://www.velolife..../tmpl-component

I test rode the top end FS01 and what a beautiful bike. Suspension design is the best I have ridden. Zero bob in the trail setting. And when you get out the saddle and hammer hard it feels like there is absolutely no wasted energy. Just a pity the Large frame felt a bit cramped. You cant go wrong with the BMC, if it fits you. It will also double up as a super trail bike. No need for more travel on that bike. It will do what most 120mm bikes cannot do

or visit a loan shark and get this for 33k

http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/sites/default/files/bike/zoom/ZOOM4369-XR-529-Ei.jpg

Who sells those?

My dad got a scott 29" dual for less than 20k.

edit: He loves it. A lot more than his much more expensive carbon HT 26", which I ride now :clap:

Edited by Cellar

Scott. Only snobs ride Spez. If your a snob, get a Spez

Thats like me saying all people from the Freestate are dumb......

Don't be so narrow minded.