Tacx trainers.

Dgas

Hope you get it right because the Tacx Bushido is a great trainer and a wonderful machine.

AGAIN LAST NIGHT IT ALMOST BECAME WALL DECORATIONS

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Settings, brake, calibrate & follow instructions

I had the problems you mentioned recently:

Make sure you have the correct skewer in, that the securing 'pins' holding the skewer on the stand itself are neither too tight nor too loose and that the lock nut is in place, that you have the correct tyre pressure, that adjustment screw on the brake/roller itself is locked and that you have enough pressure between it and the tyre and you should be fine.

Go to Settings, brake, calibrate & follow instructions

I had the problems you mentioned recently:

Make sure you have the correct skewer in, that the securing 'pins' holding the skewer on the stand itself are neither too tight nor too loose and that the lock nut is in place, that you have the correct tyre pressure, that adjustment screw on the brake/roller itself is locked and that you have enough pressure between it and the tyre and you should be fine.

SO QUICK QUESTON WHEN YOU CLIMB IS THE MOTION A SMOOTH TRANSFER ON YOUR PEDAL STROKES

SO QUICK QUESTON WHEN YOU CLIMB IS THE MOTION A SMOOTH TRANSFER ON YOUR PEDAL STROKES

I assume you're talking about the increase in slope generated by the Bushido? If so then largely yes it is. I may have had some initial tyre slippage if the slope suddenly went from 0% to 2% but that was more a function of me having not dropped gears timeously and placing high torque through the rear tyre which may have hd a little slip. But the once on the climb the motion is smooth.

I did have the problems you had but a proper setup sorted it all out 100%.

As long as you are ok with a max of 750 watt you should be very happy - my Tacx is still running as well as ever, and it must be more than 10 years old - although I am not the heaviest user of it, it does get used regularly.

Damn, I warm up at 750w! :whistling:

No seriously sounds good to me, Thanks!

I assume you're talking about the increase in slope generated by the Bushido? If so then largely yes it is. I may have had some initial tyre slippage if the slope suddenly went from 0% to 2% but that was more a function of me having not dropped gears timeously and placing high torque through the rear tyre which may have hd a little slip. But the once on the climb the motion is smooth.

I did have the problems you had but a proper setup sorted it all out 100%.

THANKS ILL KEEP TRYING THEN, I DONT THINK THE ISSUE IS WITH THE WHEEL CONTACT AS I HAVE A TACX SO I PRETTY MUCH KNOW HOW TO SET THAT PART UP

Who wants R1000 If you have access to team viewer and you can go on my computer, link up my gps files so I can use it and calibrate my trainer I'll hit you a eft or bike part voucher

THERE MUST BE ONE HUBBER,

ILL CHECK AGAIN LAST NIGHT I COULD NOT FIND THE WORD CALIBRATE ANYWHERE

LBS SEEM TO KNOW LESS ABOUT TACX THAN I DO AND THATS SCARY

Calibrating your Bushido is something you are going to need to do frequently in order to ensure that your wattage readings are consistent from day to day. I'm not sure if you've linked yours up to your PC/Laptop and are running the TTS software, but on this trainer the calibration function is only available through the Bushido computer. You therefore need to warm up for 3-5min, calibrate the brake (settings->brake->calibrate), and only then link up to your PC/Laptop (if you're using TTS).

Also ensure that your training tyre is inflated to the correct pressure (7-8 bar), and that the brake when engaged places sufficient pressure on the tyre...if I remember correctly the manual states that you adjust it till it just touches the tyre when engaged...you then release the brake and then turn the adjuster a further 3 1/2 turns. If you now engage the brake it should exert the correct force.

If after calibrating the Bushido, the calibration value it displays is between 10 -15, then you should be good to go.

Calibrating your Bushido is something you are going to need to do frequently in order to ensure that your wattage readings are consistent from day to day. I'm not sure if you've linked yours up to your PC/Laptop and are running the TTS software, but on this trainer the calibration function is only available through the Bushido computer. You therefore need to warm up for 3-5min, calibrate the brake (settings->brake->calibrate), and only then link up to your PC/Laptop (if you're using TTS).

Also ensure that your training tyre is inflated to the correct pressure (7-8 bar), and that the brake when engaged places sufficient pressure on the tyre...if I remember correctly the manual states that you adjust it till it just touches the tyre when engaged...you then release the brake and then turn the adjuster a further 3 1/2 turns. If you now engage the brake it should exert the correct force.

If after calibrating the Bushido, the calibration value it displays is between 10 -15, then you should be good to go.

and i was really thinking of the tacx trainer vs the power beam - with all this hoo haaa it is really a pain and bother

Edited by Madone69

and i was really thinking of the tacx trainer vs the power beam - with all this hoo haaa it is really a pain and bother

no

Pity you are in Jozi, it's just a matter of time to set up properly. Haven't been beaten yet on getting it all to work properly, across a number of machines...

Pity you are in Jozi, it's just a matter of time to set up properly. Haven't been beaten yet on getting it all to work properly, across a number of machines...

:blush: :blush:

perhaps someone here can comment. i need to make a decision.

have anyone had experienced between the power beam and the tacx trainer.

pro and cons of the two.