Polar V800

SwissVan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone managed to source the V800 yet? Thoughts?

I have seen it on someone from Polar SA's arm.... looks ok, not my style as a daily wearer... got lots of interesting features.

I have one on back order. Cant wait to get it.

I have been without a training watch for almost 6 weeks now.

Have seen a demo V800 and I like it very much.

Super Exited to get a To Carpet From Carpet pressie.

My other half ordered one yesterday (my birthday prezzie as well.. :clap: ) direct from polar switz and they said 2 days delivery...so lets see if I get a slip from the PO in the post box tomorrow.

Saw one at the polar comrades expo a few weeks ago and spoke to the rep about it, he was obviously very enthusiastic about it.

somewhat related: has anyone played around with the V650 yet?

Not me, but I was advised by a local bike shop to stay away from it...sorry I did not ask him to elaborate why as I was never planning on getting one....to big for my liking

Not me, but I was advised by a local bike shop to stay away from it...sorry I did not ask him to elaborate why as I was never planning on getting one....to big for my liking

that's a curiosity seeing as the thing is not quite out in mass circulation. If possible, could you ask them to elaborate?

that's a curiosity seeing as the thing is not quite out in mass circulation. If possible, could you ask them to elaborate?

It was demonstrated to the shop by the local polar reps, I have to go there tonight to pick up my bike and will ask them

Ok seems like its a bit of false alarm storm in a tea cup situation.... they just don't like them because they say all the gps products give them lots of headaches because customers come to them because its easier to do that than to contact the manufacturer...he mentioned garmin in particle. He also said that apparently the new polar will still use WIND and not be ANT+ compatible for connecting to power devices.

Other than the ANT+ thing (which I'm not sure is true) or care as I don't use power devices, it seems like its more of a personal issue than a real issue

Polar Service Centre said - We expect the Polar V800 to be available in South Africa in July 2014.

Ok seems like its a bit of false alarm storm in a tea cup situation.... they just don't like them because they say all the gps products give them lots of headaches because customers come to them because its easier to do that than to contact the manufacturer...he mentioned garmin in particle. He also said that apparently the new polar will still use WIND and not be ANT+ compatible for connecting to power devices.

Other than the ANT+ thing (which I'm not sure is true) or care as I don't use power devices, it seems like its more of a personal issue than a real issue

The polar V800 will not be WIND compatible but will use Bluetooth.

Some new features that is coming for the v800.

2014 - 09

• R-R recording analysis and export
  • Data export to 3rd party software
  • Training history export (polarpersonaltrainer.com)

2014 - 10

• Swimming metrics

2014 - 11

• Training history export (ProTrainer 5)

Edited by Carpet

Thanks Swiss :)

But isn't the new polar supposed to be using the new bluetooth stuff?

The polar V800 will not be WIND compatible but will use Bluetooth.

Some new features that is coming for the v800.

2014 - 09

• R-R recording analysis and export
  • Data export to 3rd party software
  • Training history export (polarpersonaltrainer.com)

2014 - 10

• Swimming metrics

2014 - 11

• Training history export (ProTrainer 5)

Thanks Ma'am, cant wait to get it

Thanks Swiss :)

But isn't the new polar supposed to be using the new bluetooth stuff?

The V800 definitely has Blue tooth, not sure about the bike computer only version V650 which is what I was reporting back to Capon... I don't see why it would also not have blue tooth...but alsso not sure of blöue tooth will help it connect to other power devices (other than polar) at the moment if its not ANT+

It's arrived :-)

First impressions:

Sexy, a bit heavy and the strap fastening buckle is a bit finicky and over engineered.

It's arrived :-)

First impressions:

Sexy, a bit heavy and the strap fastening buckle is a bit finicky and over engineered.