Classifieds Update: Improved views, filtering, required fields and more

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

We've got a testing version online. There are still a few visual and other minor tweaks to be made, but the core system is ready to be tested.

If you've got a few spare minutes I'd greatly appreciate you having a run through to test it out, give your feedback and report any bugs you may find.

URL: http://proto.thehubsa.co.za/forum/classifieds/category/1-all-categories/

Username: spoke

Password: spoke

If you posted an ad within the last month you'll notice it has been upgraded to use the new image format. Any custom fields applicable will not be populated, but if you edit your advert you'll need to fill these in.

To test out the Frame size / Wheel size filters check out the Complete Mountain Bikes category. I've populated some existing ads to demonstrate: http://proto.thehubsa.co.za/forum/classifieds/category/25-complete-bikes/

If you do find any issues or have any suggestions please post back here.

Many thanks

Matt

Tested it on iPad and desktop. Looks good. Definitely easier to sift through the ads when they're standardized and current layout functionally and aesthetically better IMO.

Good job.

Tested on the ipad... All i ever use anyway. Fully compatible, couldnt find any bugs. I applaud you for this, other website administators arent so tablet friendly.

The layout on specs is awesome, no more rubbish Writeups about "Deal of a century" - its just cold hard facts.

I love it, best cycling forum/classifieds I have ever seen.

Thanks for the feedback so far. :thumbup:

It's far more tablet friendly than the current version, still some minor issues which we'll work out before going live. And of course the mobile version still needs a few tweaks.

Hi Hubbers,

We've got a testing version online. There are still a few visual and other minor tweaks to be made, but the core system is ready to be tested.

If you've got a few spare minutes I'd greatly appreciate you having a run through to test it out, give your feedback and report any bugs you may find.

URL: http://proto.thehubs...all-categories/

Username: spoke

Password: spoke

If you posted an ad within the last month you'll notice it has been upgraded to use the new image format. Any custom fields applicable will not be populated, but if you edit your advert you'll need to fill these in.

To test out the Frame size / Wheel size filters check out the Complete Mountain Bikes category. I've populated some existing ads to demonstrate: http://proto.thehubs...complete-bikes/

If you do find any issues or have any suggestions please post back here.

Many thanks

Matt

Looks Great, much more in depth than my silly little idea :thumbup:

Could you give us some feedback on whether it will include navigational support for Tapatalk viewing?

The Tapatalk App only shows content from our Forums. Unfortunately Classifieds on The Hub is completely separate to the forums and is a feature not available via Tapatalk.

The Tapatalk App only shows content from our Forums. Unfortunately Classifieds on The Hub is completely separate to the forums and is a feature not available via Tapatalk.

I figured as much that it was a seperate and independent site. It's unfortunate that we can't brows it with tapatalk type apps.

But thanks for taking the time to clear that up.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers,

Some of you might have already noticed that last night we rolled out these upgrades to the Classifieds section.

The most noticeable change is to the Advert pages which received quite an overhaul. And of course the category based filtering capabilities, e.g. Frame size, wheel size etc. See the opening post of this thread for an overview of the key updates: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/134934-classifieds-update-improved-views-filtering-required-fields-and-more/#entry2176723

For the moment we won't yet see the full benefit of the filtering capabilities as it relies adverts with all the required fields completed. All ads posted prior to the update won't have things like Frame size specified, but new adverts will.

We'll be prompting those with existing ads to update their listings to include any new required fields.

Let us know what you think and if you encounter any bugs.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...