Argus MTB

FCH

Does anybody have info on when they will actually start accepting entries- the site only says, online entries open January 2014... Well its January 2014....

Also the info email address doesn't work, so no joy getting a answer.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see its a new venue . Hope they manage to come up with a more interesting route as well.

Will probably skip this year though, done enough zig-zagging through the same vineyards the last 2 years.

Eventually got a response from the media@ email but they said- not our problem, ask the info@ guys.... Not instilling a lot of confidence.

Eventually got a response from the media@ email but they said- not our problem, ask the info@ guys.... Not instilling a lot of confidence.

Don't worry, its not like the road version that sells out in a few days, you will have more than enough time to enter

I see its a new venue . Hope they manage to come up with a more interesting route as well.

Will probably skip this year though, done enough zig-zagging through the same vineyards the last 2 years.

New venue? Do you know the details? I wasn't planning to enter this year as I am also tired of the vinyard zig-zaging and especially after the experience of the last 10kms of last years 75km route.

New venue? Do you know the details? I wasn't planning to enter this year as I am also tired of the vinyard zig-zaging and especially after the experience of the last 10kms of last years 75km route.

New venue is at Le Bonheur Wine Estate near Klapmuts. No idea where&how the new routes will be, only that the longest will be 55km, so no 75km this year.

agree last years route was terrible. hopefully it improves somewhat. I see it will be @ la Bonheur instead

any info? anyone?

Not sure if half of their site is still 2013 info with some 2014 in between- but the maps on the website www.mtbchallenge.co.za still indicates Boschendal.

@Skubarra, i am sure you are 100% correct on entry

Guys I see the entries have opened. Mine is done see you all the Sunday.

Website only allows you to enter the two shorter routes & not the two longer ones.

Which distance did you enter?

The route looks like basically the Delvera mtb trail plus the trails used for parts of the BurgerMTB and the new Dirtopia trails on the western side of Simonsberg. Potentially much more singletrack than the old route.

I really want the special medal you get for completing both the 55km mtb and the Cape Argus road race the following week. But that 55km looks incredibly tough, also dont want to injure myself before the big race.