Real names for profiles?

Andrew Steer

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bonus is if your boss types your name into google, your Linkedin profile pops up, maybe a facebook profile with pics of you on a bike, but due to privacy settings cant see much.

If you use your real name on thehubsa, then would seen how often you posting on the hub. :o

Then they might find the thread about top users and you may have some explaining how able to post 18 times a day and work.

ag no man, serious?

Yep. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a PUBLIC forum. So if you have said something slanderous / litigious and somebody wanted to take legal action, they could petition Admin for your user details and IP address, go to your service provider and get your personal details, and serve you accordingly.

No such thing as anonymity.

LOL..... :eek:

look out your building window at 16h15 you'll see me heading for the mountains!

Im looking out the other side to see if this guy is going to jump or not - he has been on the roof since 10!

My wife always cracks herself if people phone and ask for Pappa Bear................

Somehow my wife is never keen on being referred to as Mrs Hairy

Another bonus is if your boss types your name into google, your Linkedin profile pops up, maybe a facebook profile with pics of you on a bike, but due to privacy settings cant see much.

If you use your real name on thehubsa, then would seen how often you posting on the hub. :o

Then they might find the thread about top users and you may have some explaining how able to post 180 times a day and work.

There i fixed it

Im looking out the other side to see if this guy is going to jump or not - he has been on the roof since 10!

I've checked too. Lol. No topic has been started so i thought i was the only one who sits on the internet 20-30mins before home time

Nope. Even without your real name you can be taken to court.

Some forums encourage users to refer to "Swim" (Someone Who Isn't Me) in the 3rd person to prevent self-incrimination.

Nice name, same as my daughters, I just call her Vievie.

;) Hey my husband calls me Vieve, my number is even saved under vieve on his phone ha ha

Yep. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a PUBLIC forum. So if you have said something slanderous / litigious and somebody wanted to take legal action, they could petition Admin for your user details and IP address, go to your service provider and get your personal details, and serve you accordingly.

No such thing as anonymity.

What about a dynamic IP address and then you would have to prove that person wrote the message and not some person that walked past an unlocked PC.

But an interesting one - Carte Blanche had a social media special this last sunday and spoke about people being prosecuted about their tweets

Also a boxer that went to confront a troll giving him abuse - it was priceless.

The boxer was tweeting he is on the way and they guy, thinking he was joking carried on taunting him until the boxer tweeted a picture of the street sign of his road ......