The Hub SA - What has it become, and where is it going?

Caerus

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who appointed you as class captain to decide what the majority of hubbers feelings and opinions are?

If the majority of hubbers had an issue with his profile picture, someone would have reported it by now, before you did. They didn't.

I suspect that's the simple observation Tumbleweed was referring to...

O

ROUND AND ROUND THE GARDEN,,,,,,LETS CALL IT A DAY AND MOVE ON BOYS

SURELY WE CAN SEE THIS IS GOING NO WHERE AND ITS JUST GETTING SOOOOOO

BORING/DRAINING NEGATIVE

IMHO

When posting perhaps it's a good idea to imagine yourself in a real room with the other members - if you wouldn't say it in the room then don't say it on thehub....

When talking on the interwebs just say to yourself before hitting the post button:

Myself, would you like it if someone said that to me?

i.e. treat others as you would them you

so how many thousands of members do we have on the hub? imagine how diverse this community is in terms of cultures, believes, moral standards and what not, if we try and police this thing to a point where nobody is ever offended we just wont be able to have any normal conversation.

most reasonable people who ends up at a party or something where they do not HAVE to be, will leave if the conduct of others get to a point of offending them , rather than force a bahaviour thats suits. so why not here? if i cant deal with the level of conversation here i will simply move on, right now i stick around because

- on balance i am okay with what is said/discussed

- on balance the conversation adds value to what i want to know about cycling

- on balance the moderators do their job okay, i am not sure its practical to expect 100% consistency

When talking on the interwebs just say to yourself before hitting the post button:

Myself, would you like it if someone said that to me?

i.e. treat others as you would them you

Sure - but we cant avoid context, because here in Jozi we use the term objected to lightly and in jest, but as OG has now pointed out in the rural recesses of KZN, its no joke. Perhaps he could have handled it differently, to point that out before attacking.

No, I'm just saying that it is apparent that the majority of the members of the hub don't share your view on moderation. You have a right to feel aggrieved, but that doesn't mean that what you are aggrieved about is right.

A poll might give a better indication, rather than you speaking for the "majority of members"...

How do you feel about the admins on thehubsa?

A: I think they do a solid job all things considered.

B: I think they do a pretty much flawless job

C: I feel they can be a bit biased towards certain members.

D: I believe they need to moderate more efficiently to ensure threads don't get derailed etc

E: I believe they need to look at the job they do

etc etc

Get the stats, get a proper balanced consensus and take actions from there if required...

Who appointed you as class captain to decide what the majority of hubbers feelings and opinions are?

edit: Formatting

Class Captain ppffft....This is big time, we need big words like SHERIFF

Morning Ma'am,

just trying to make light of a silly situation

Forgive me,

sometimes I know not what i do....

No, I'm just saying that it is apparent that the majority of the members of the hub don't share your view on moderation. You have a right to feel aggrieved, but that doesn't mean that what you are aggrieved about is right.

"my view" on moderation of thehub has not been put to the test of independent opinion afaik. "my view" is also shared by others. not everyone shares their view publicly. It's like complaints of bad company service or products.

But in your opinion, being popular and in the majority equals being right. If I were to follow that philosophy in the financial markets, I'd have to buy all the popular shares at inflated prices and never make money, or I'd have to argue Zuma is always right.

Political correctness is the oppression of our intellectual movement so no one says anything anymore just in case anyone else get’s offended. What happens if you say that and someone gets offended? Well they can be offended, can’t they? What’s wrong with being offended? When did sticks and stones may break my bones stop being relevant? Isn’t that what you teach children? "He called me an idiot!" Don’t worry about it, he’s a dick.

Now you have adults going “I was offended, I was offended and I have rights!” Well so what, be offended, nothing happens. You’re an adult, grow up, and deal with it. "But I was offended!" Well, I don’t care! Nothing happens when you’re offended. “I went to the comedy show and the comedian said something about the lord, and I was offended, and when I woke up in the morning, I had leprosy."

Nothing Happens. “I want to live in a democracy but I never want to be offended again.” Well you’re an idiot.

How do you make a law about offending people? How do you make it an offense to offend people? Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual or a collective, or a group or a society or a community. Your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs. What offends me may not offend you. And you want to make laws about this? I’m offended when I see boy bands for god sake.

It’s a valid offence I’m offended. They’re corperate shills, posing as musicians to further a modelling career and frankly I’m disgusted.

- Steve Hughes

Edited by Rata Del Spruit

Naught bru.

round and round and round, what ever happened to AGREE TO DISAGREE AND MOVE ON

seriously i am curious everyone thinks they right(cant be) this issue has now basically been spread from locked thread to locked thread to effecting the HUB AS A WHOLE,,

REALLY we all here(mostly) because we love cycling in the real world i am sure we would 90% all get along since we got the same passion

so surely we can start chirping chatting on a lighter mood/topic