Serengeti Classic Road Race 2014

EggsBox

I just collect my number and not a lot of ladies is doing the 112km (Small bunch) It’s going to be hard. I wanted to do the 101km

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not doing the race but will cycle there and have a boerrie roll and coke while watching the elites come in.

Dear Serengeti Classic Entrant

We would just like to thank you for entering the Serengeti Classic Race. Underneath all relevant information on the race as well as attached.

Event Dates

MTB : 1st February 2014

Road: 2nd February 2014

Race pack pick up and Late entries:

· Cycle Lab, The Bridge Lynnwood Road,29 January 2014, From 09:00 – 12:00

– Penalty fees of R20 will apply on late entries

· Sportsmans Warehouse Fourways, 30 January 2014 from 09:00-16:00

- Penalty fees of R20 will apply on late entries

· Serengeti Golf and Wildlife Estate, Kempton Park, 1 February 2014 from 06:30 – 11:00

- Penalty fee of R50 will apply on the day NO ENTRIES FOR ROAD RACE ON 2 FEBRUARY

You will receive your start times at Race pack pick up.

Estimated times are:

Mtb: 60KM first block Starts 08:00 and the rest of the groups and distances will follow with 5 minutes intervals

Road Race: 112km for Elite riders will start 05:30 and The first 101km start is 06:00 groups and distances after that is 5min intervals

Click here for more information on the Road Race

Click here for more information on the MTB race

Click here for route map on the Road Races

Click here for route map on the MTB Races: 60km 30km 10km

See the link to the road race says no pick up Sunday at the venue. Can somebody confirm this and if so why?

Why should a person who stays in Vereeniging have to drive all the way to Fourways to collect a number?

Can we collect on Sat at the venue? We did last year. And even so it makes no sense to do the trip once on Sat and again on Sunday.

Edited by Blokman

I heard that there will be late entries on Saturday at Serengeti. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Grondpad

I heard that there will be late entries on Saturday at Serengeti. Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry, only saw the post from Kranswurm now. Thumbs up!

See the link to the road race says no pick up Sunday at the venue. Can somebody confirm this and if so why?

Why should a person who stays in Vereeniging have to drive all the way to Fourways to collect a number?

Can we collect on Sat at the venue? We did last year. And even so it makes no sense to do the trip once on Sat and again on Sunday.

Thats the paradox for most races. All of them have registration at horrible times in far away places. They want more riders, but make it impossible for people more than 100km away.

I'm in BL. Definitely don't deserve to be there, and no way I will not be spat outta there in 5 mins flat. I am beginning to think there are only 2 start groups.

Its not always easy to have number collection on race day particularly if there are volumes of cyclists. The staff that volunteer to do it on the Thu, Fri etc are needed for marshaling and other duties on the day. How do you call it with limited resources, more staff to assist with number collection or more staff to assist with marshaling and the start organizing.

Any one that could help me by collecting my number for VA

I am 180km from JHB

I'm still sorting out my logistics, but I might be going today so I can pick up yours?

Thats the paradox for most races. All of them have registration at horrible times in far away places. They want more riders, but make it impossible for people more than 100km away.

My link to cycleevents http://cycleevents.co.za/serengeti-classic-road-race-2014/ show pick-up on Sundaypossible, but only from 6? I'll write them an email quickly.

Number Collection:

Cycle lab Lynnwood

Wednesday 29 January 2014, From 09:00-12:00

or

Sportsmans Warehouse, Fourways

Thursday 30 January 2014, From 09:00-16:00

or

At the Venue

Sunday 2 February 2014, From 06:00