• R3500 - R5000
    • >R5000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much is the short answer.

It start innocently, a helmet, a pair of cleats, then a year later you have a dedicated cycling room in the house, with cupboards full of bibs and shirts, several pairs of shoes, arm warmers, leg warmers, several helmets, wall mounted TV screen for indoor sessions, indoor trainer, spare wheels, bike bags..... this can carry on for a while.

BUT, I must say you do tend to slow down once you start running out of space!

From Hayley and SSguy's posts i have deduced, that i need to get rid of my wife and kids in order to be able to ride and spend what i want on bikes.......

hahaha!

Just yesterday some of us were laughing when one mate said to another "what will your wife say when that bike parts order arrives". The other replied "she won't say anything, that's what's worst of all".

Only problem I have found is that the other bikes give me the silent treatment when I buy a new part for one of them :ph34r: :lol:

From Hayley and SSguy's posts i have deduced, that i need to get rid of my wife and kids in order to be able to ride and spend what i want on bikes.......

No dude... Just saying that while I don't have that I can do what I want and not have to budget for other things. (Knew someone is gonna turn the angle to me thinking material stuff is more important than a life partner and kids.... easier to choose a bike than a mate though :D )

this month was rof!

after being attacked by bees during the atta mini, I ended up in casualty ward on Sunday, and during that time my Rudy's was stolen at the hospital.

not a good way to start the year.

No dude... Just saying that while I don't have that I can do what I want and not have to budget for other things. (Knew someone is gonna turn the angle to me thinking material stuff is more important than a life partner and kids.... easier to choose a bike than a mate though :D )

Whenever my ex-wife used to bring up money (or her perceived lack of it) I'd simply point at the kids.

Sorry, what? You had 10 perfectly suitable mates and it STILL took you that long to decide? I'd think it's harder to choose!!!

Bought alot / spent alot this past year, but I have also sold alot of goodies, so the end result is lots of new toys for just about no extra money.

Then the commuting also makes sure that the bikes are all positive financial investments vs driving to work and back on a daily basis.

Being able to work on your own bikes also saves a bucket load of cash.

My approach too...although I'm starting to think the time and material value invested in cycling may lead me to never be in a position to find someone...hahaha

Also when I see other peoples kids I tend to think my bikes are more important anyway.

My approach too...although I'm starting to think the time and material value invested in cycling may lead me to never be in a position to find someone...hahaha

Also when I see other peoples kids I tend to think my bikes are more important anyway.

I am sure some people think that about their own kids.....

Hahaha too true!

It get's fun when you get to buy your own kids their own bikes and they get to ride with you ;)

It get's fun when you get to buy your own kids their own bikes and they get to ride with you ;)

Until they get faster than you?

+1