Vegetable gardens at home.

Mojoman

I work for a company that supplies various growing media(and mixed media) Currently I'm studying and working but the plan is to grow food crops when I'm sufficiently qualified. Yday was the first time I read through this thread. All you guys and gals growing crops at home are champs. Sadly I live in an apartment building, so my growing is limited to ornamental plants and some herbs due to space or lack there of.

What is your media made from? COCO peat/Peat Moss? im interested in using a larger grade coco husk...any ideas on where to get this from? I used to buy from Ocean agriculture but they closed down. Lifestyle is a rip off and bark enterprise is a small grade husk.. any ideas?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

I do lots of work with Bark ent. They provide various grades of coco and coir just ask them what's avaliable. My main focus is perlite and coir/coco blends. Lifestyle is a complete rip because they are a ''sun shines out of my nether end retailer'', Otherwise chat with progro(spelling).

What crops are you growing Undun?

Guest notmyname

I do lots of work with Bark ent. They provide various grades of coco and coir just ask them what's avaliable. My main focus is perlite and coir/coco blends. Lifestyle is a complete rip because they are a ''sun shines out of my nether end retailer'', Otherwise chat with progro(spelling).

What crops are you growing Undun?

Also Coir institute of South Africa. They import from Mozambique and provide absolutely everything that can be made with coir husks

Started a veggie/herb garden end of last year.

What do you guys use to get rid of ants?

There's also this bug things on my brocolli

post-7040-0-39490700-1404222154_thumb.jpg

post-7040-0-91136000-1404222159_thumb.jpg

Aphids love broc

I hate Aphids!!! I have tried organic sprays to no avail. Any other tips? I don't really want to use pesticide.

I hate Aphids!!! I have tried organic sprays to no avail. Any other tips? I don't really want to use pesticide.

They also destroyed my bushbeans. Don't know what to do about it.

Also, does anyone have tips for spiders? I don't mind the harmless ones, but I've killed more than 5 brown widows in the last few months.

Edited by stewie911

They also destroyed my bushbeans. Don't know what to do about it.

Also, does anyone have tips for spiders? I don't mind the harmless ones, but I've killed more than 5 brown widows in the last few months.

Try to grow mint near the plants with the aphids, the aphids doesn't like the mint, or plant nasturtium in between the affected plants, the aphids will rather go to the nasturtium than the other plants.

Awesome! Thanks!

Guest notmyname

Have you tried soapy water? The farmers use agri soap but I'm not sure if it's avaliable for retail nurseries. I'm me a meeting with hygrotech later this week. I'll ask for some advice.

Have you tried soapy water? The farmers use agri soap but I'm not sure if it's avaliable for retail nurseries. I'm me a meeting with hygrotech later this week. I'll ask for some advice.

I havent... Thanks dude! I'll appriciate it!

I had a lemon tree that was getting destroyed by ants. Turned out the aphids like the sap on the underside of the leaf and in turn leave a sticky residue that the ants love. So to get rid of the ants you have to get rid of the aphids.

What I did after some reading was hose down the tree to get rid of the sticky substance and then spray on a very diluted water and sunlight liquid solution. Haven't had a problem for the last month since I did this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

Has anybody got experience with tree tomatoes? A bloke just gave me a checkers packet of the fruit. He says there's a big demand for them...

I looked at it but decided get Black Seaman Tomato rather. If memory serves me right the tree tomato takes a year or two before u can harvest