Vegetable gardens at home.

Mojoman

I have a fully Organic Garden, the seeds are heirloom seeds and the soil is ceritfied organic. Sent the GF on an Organic Gardening Course and started collecting seeds. This is my Big FU to GM stuff. I have Kale, Carrots, Lettuce, Pumpkin, Butternut, Tomatoes but my biggest thrill is the Non GM Corn that I got, so very excited to harvest that.However GF is very protective over the garden and only us work in it on weekends after training.....I have fallen asleep in the vegetable patch.

Will gladly swop/send some seeds if you like....just wanna screw Monsanto in my small little way!

I have the same problem with the GF, she want's "US" to work on the garden and doesn't like it when I do things during the week to the garden.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with the GF, she want's "US" to work on the garden and doesn't like it when I do things during the week to the garden.

I feel your pain.....let's start a Support Group!

Opposite here, I wear the apron in the house so I get to call whats what in my veg garden!

I had some awesome documents for some good DIY vegie gardens, but I cannot find them, i think they are on my other pc. BUt google DIY vegetable gardens, there are some awesome ideas out there. Like thise cool one I saw that does not require a garden, just a wall with some wall mounted PVC gutters, you can have lots of stuff and eliminate the space required.

We have: baby marrow, carrots, tomato, peppers, mielies (these were a once off deal, they grew big first time round then never again), peas, cannot remember what else.

Veggie garder is made from 4 precast cement slabs to make a square filled with soil. x3

sorrounded by chicken wire (to keep the animals out of there, they seem so like just climbing in and chilling in there if they have the chance)

Great thread.

This is something i have been thinking about for some time.

I have two areas of garden i could dedicate to "farming"

One is a 14mtX1.5mt long stretch of bed next to a precast wall on the southern side of my property, the other is a biggish area under some trees on the north side of the property.

Which is better suited?

Will post pics in a minute

Looking at doing something like the picture. Just need to construct a door.

post-1964-0-50069100-1391168876_thumb.png

Hi No Name, no need to construct a door, just let shade cloth overlap in the front, like a curtain, but just a tad tighter...if you follow that bad explanation...

Something like this in the picture below...follow the link, it won't stick here...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv2CZOJBxL2X-6vvLiZXupLDXbWjVU1JqIo4-pm-4HpUkKbvysQA

Great thread.

This is something i have been thinking about for some time.

I have two areas of garden i could dedicate to "farming"

One is a 14mtX1.5mt long stretch of bed next to a precast wall on the southern side of my property, the other is a biggish area under some trees on the north side of the property.

Which is better suited?

Will post pics in a minute

Wayne, veggies like sun, so the "under the trees" site would not work too well; how much sun along your southern wall during the day?

Wayne, veggies like sun, so the "under the trees" site would not work too well; how much sun along your southern wall during the day?

Thats much better.

But i have another piece that gets full sun as well.

Maybe that one will be better suited.

Is there such a thing as too much sun for veggies?

This is giving me a bit of inspiration. Got a veggie patch at home been the wife's baby but I think I need to get involved.

But on a different note how the heck do I upload a pic from my I phone always too big ?

What do you guys use to stop the insects and gogos from chowing the pants or killing them?

I throw ground coffee over my plants. I do it every time I use my plunger, just remix it with water and throw it over the plants being attacked. Works great and is rich in nitrogen.

Also plant radish next in your problem area. The bugs love the radish and it grows fast (30 days to harvest)

Thats much better.

But i have another piece that gets full sun as well.

Maybe that one will be better suited.

Is there such a thing as too much sun for veggies?

no