Which to Buy.... MTB - Shoes

Shepherd

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using these, was reviewed by TREAD mag a few months ago, I'm very happy with mine, cost is around R1100 and nice that it has a ratchet

They scott pro shoes

http://www.bobs-bicycles.com/images/P/Scott-MTB-Shoes-Pro-Black-Red.jpg

Edited by schizo

I'm using these, was reviewed by TREAD mag a few months ago, I'm very happy with mine, cost is around R1100 and nice that it has a ratchet

They scott pro shoes

http://www.bobs-bicycles.com/images/P/Scott-MTB-Shoes-Pro-Black-Red.jpg

Looks good value for money.

The Giro Terraduro...

Or my race shoes, the Shimano MT71...... Seriously...

I hate carbon shoes. I am not saying they arent good, just not good for me. As with most things past a bike and knowing which way to point it and how to turn the pedals, things like this are trial and error and experience.

Good luck!

Sidi Spiders. Very comfy. Easy to walk in, good power transfer. And they have replaceable treads - haven't had to replace yet but I'm sure it will come in handy.

I've had the previous model Spez Sport for 3 years, with good care they look like new still, very comfortable on longer rides.

Shot guys!!

I hear what you are saying, each to their own...

Always good to get feedback though.

The price range I would say 1000-1500 ish? most expensive shoes I had bought for MTB...

I heard the carbon great for transferring most of the power to the stroke, however a nightmare to walk you bike over portage sections with rocks...

For R1500 you can get your hands on a pair of Giro Privateer that ticks ALL the boxes, and excellent oversees reviews to match. Comfort, unbelievable durability, very light (I think they're 25grms heavier than the Sworks Carbon) and a super stiff plastic sole that rivals many carbon soles. To give you an idea, I changed from a pair Sworks carbon soles to these about three months ago, and can honestly say I have not felt ANY lack in power transfer from the Giro's

Edited by BrandonF

I use these, super comfy, look cool, and comfy to walk and even drive in.

Clips in and out like a dream.

+1

My 2c to this thread:

If you a highly skilled rider that's superfit (ie very little walking) the carbon soles are the tool you. For me, and probably most weekend warriors, the plastic soled shoes are a good balance of stiffness and comfort when walking. I started off with Olympic (cheapest shoe the shop had ^_^ ) and now have Answer. Both very good, but the Answer shoes definitely better.

From what I hear the Spez Comps are great though.

i've had lots of pairs of shoes.. I've had specialized sport, pro and s-works. theres no doubting they are good shoes but half size availability is bad/impossible so they've always been a bit small for me.

sidi - even their top end shoes are heavy but if you find the right size then they are good

i currently use 2 pairs of bontrager shoes. one carbon sole and one carbon composite which is a bit more flexy.

I use these, super comfy, look cool, and comfy to walk and even drive in.

Clips in and out like a dream.

+10. Basic lace-up shoes that are comfortable to walk in and no ratchet system to give hassles.