PLEASE HELP: Top Spec Bike, Too Good To Be TRUE??????

Shepherd

For these scamsters, they just need to catch an innocent person once in a while, to make it worthwhile. I suggest giving them some homework, by overloading their inbox, with "legitimate" enquiries, as opposed to hate mail. That way, they won't know whether there is potential or not with their new "client". Just delay the whole purchasing process, by asking questions, ie frame size, spec level, delivery eta's, can I make changes, like swopping wheels, etc. Just one question from a few hundred people every day, will keep the bastard overloaded, and hopefully some uninformed buyer will slip through the cracks, and not get scammed? I am no IT expert, but a Virus on his machine would be cool too.... Thoughts?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a hint - if the guy can afford the several million rands' worth of stock advertised on the page, surely he could afford a real website.

Track him down and set him on fire.

I agree... the woza part put me off right away as well as the lack of address or land line numbers.

I was checking this for a friend whom wants to buy an S-Works and came across this site some how...

The usual saying goes, if it looks too good to be true.. it is...

Thanks again everyone for the input...

Not sure if Admin can lock this out one, dont want to hash on the past thread.

As a hint - if the guy can afford the several million rands' worth of stock advertised on the page, surely he could afford a real website.

And all the bikes are pictured on different back grounds, that's one scam give away.

a no no for me.

I only pay when I can touch the item the old school way

Dinner and a movie?

For these scamsters, they just need to catch an innocent person once in a while, to make it worthwhile. I suggest giving them some homework, by overloading their inbox, with "legitimate" enquiries, as opposed to hate mail. That way, they won't know whether there is potential or not with their new "client". Just delay the whole purchasing process, by asking questions, ie frame size, spec level, delivery eta's, can I make changes, like swopping wheels, etc. Just one question from a few hundred people every day, will keep the bastard overloaded, and hopefully some uninformed buyer will slip through the cracks, and not get scammed? I am no IT expert, but a Virus on his machine would be cool too.... Thoughts?

i am in for overloading their website. it was done with their previous site and the previous thread. they sghutdown the site.

who is game? where is inspector Joe Massapous?

• 2 months later...
Guest Smimby

I tried to report this site to Google sitebuilder and they say that they can only investigate once you have a court order or conviction that you / me were scammed by these people.....

HUH?

Guest EdEdEd

Just to note: There have been a number of similar scam sites popping up recently using the wozaonline site building platform.

If you come across any sites selling bikes via a .wozaonline.co.za subdomain I'd exercise caution. That's not to say that ALL wozaonline.co.za sites are scam sites, but the trend lately with these bike sale scam sites has been to use this platform.

Just a thought.

Will it be worth will creating a Hub page of dealers that has been verified by a number of hubber to be legit. So that okes can just go there as a link to online shopping...

Just to note: There have been a number of similar scam sites popping up recently using the wozaonline site building platform.

If you come across any sites selling bikes via a .wozaonline.co.za subdomain I'd exercise caution. That's not to say that ALL wozaonline.co.za sites are scam sites, but the trend lately with these bike sale scam sites has been to use this platform.

Seen this with lots of products from Apple computers to cameras, all using Wozaonline. Just avoid, I'd say. Any legitimate business that wants to set up an online store shouldn't be using a free web service.

What is truly mind blowing is that this crook is still operating despite clear evidence of multiple fraudulent websites. So much for law enforcement.

Can one not get the ISP themselves shut down? Surely they should not allow fraudulent sites to be set up on their app platform.

Guest Smimby

Can one not get the ISP themselves shut down? Surely they should not allow fraudulent sites to be set up on their app platform.

I tried, and their ISP is Google and they told me that they can not do anything without a court order....nice hey