White male in Garfontein pushing cyclists into traffic!

Cois

Anyone know how we can make this known to the schools to alert the kids that use that path every day?

What are the schools names? Google, find an e-mail addy, and send a warning note? Try keep it impersonal and unemotional. Get someone to read it before you send it. More of anm info -email than the rant here?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the schools names? Google, find an e-mail addy, and send a warning note? Try keep it impersonal and unemotional. Get someone to read it before you send it. More of anm info -email than the rant here?

Will just make 100% sure. Think the one is Garsfontein high, not sure of the other, but know it is a primary school.

There is one mother I know of that walks with her toddler (on a bike - cutest thing in the mornings) to school and one mother (with a huge hound that I see some mornings) also with her kid on a bike. And know there were about 4 primary school kids I passed on the way to the incident that were also on the side walk. Think they were caught up at the one robot (I hope)

If this monster harms kids.... Don't even want to think about that

That other fred looked like a very poorly concealed baiting fred. I thought we got rid of all the baiters when the Oom got the boot. Clearly not...

Ironically that thread has been locked but this one can still go on.. Do the two OP's know each other outside the hub :ph34r: If not they probably do now!

The other thread was not actually the other party described in this thread - the runner - but rather a bit of humour and parody from a Hubber pretending to be them. We're all for a good laugh now and then, but your response is the kind of misunderstanding we want to avoid.

The last time I went to the cops after an accident and the cars reg number and details of the driver, Silverton police refused to open a case

When a Metro official hit me on my motorbike, they would not open a case

White male pushes a cyclist into the road, what is the chances here?

Rough life hey...

I would just like to point out that 6'4" and 100kgs is not a "big fat bastard", whereas 140kgs most likely is.

These are sizeist remarks that I,...... I mean that my larger friends object to and insist they be retracted.

cc: Sue M, Grabbit and Runne - solicitors.

Warning to all cyclists

This morning on my way to work (about 06H40) in Garsfontein (-25.792521,28.299638 - At the traffic circle when crossing the river) I wanted to pass a white male (about 6feet fat dung heap) giant of a man.

They guy had earphones in his ears. So I slowed to a crall as this thing was walking in the middle of the path. I asked him if I could pass. Nothing, plodding along with his fat dragging behind him. Asked a little louder. Nothing, trudding along at snails pace.

I spotted a chance to pass him where the path got a little wider over the stream. Guy stepps infront of me, where I scream at him. He then truns around, screams that he heard me, and shufs me off the sidewalk into traffic. I just managed to unclip, and scurried out of the way of a car (think the driver saw what was going to happen)

So guys if you see this bastart, take out your pump and be prepared to lash back at this guy. There is one path for us all to use. you do not need to be a fat bastard to use the whole path.

sounds like you have Big issues

Guest silver de lange

Yoh do not belong on the pavement if on a bicycle. Pavement belongs to the pedestrians, irrespective of body condition.

That said, it is not an excuse to push people into the traffic.

Regtig? Watter wet se dit is net vir voetgangers?

Warning to all cyclists

This morning on my way to work (about 06H40) in Garsfontein (-25.792521,28.299638 - At the traffic circle when crossing the river) I wanted to pass a white male (about 6feet fat dung heap) giant of a man.

They guy had earphones in his ears. So I slowed to a crall as this thing was walking in the middle of the path. I asked him if I could pass. Nothing, plodding along with his fat dragging behind him. Asked a little louder. Nothing, trudding along at snails pace.

I spotted a chance to pass him where the path got a little wider over the stream. Guy stepps infront of me, where I scream at him. He then truns around, screams that he heard me, and shufs me off the sidewalk into traffic. I just managed to unclip, and scurried out of the way of a car (think the driver saw what was going to happen)

So guys if you see this bastart, take out your pump and be prepared to lash back at this guy. There is one path for us all to use. you do not need to be a fat bastard to use the whole path.

Ok seems like the LHS of the sidewalk is dual usage (shared bike / pedestrian) but then the Google imagery might be outdated as stated....

Looking at the Strava ride in question it wouls appear as if the road was crossed at the traffic circle from RHS to LHS and back to RHS after the circle?

Road crossed to LHS between Zita and Thelma Martin again....

Co-ords given seems to be in the veld some distance from the road, nearest intersection, being the circle.

Question to OP is whether the altercation happened when he changed sides on the road, being when he entered the pavement / left the tarred surface? Pedestrian would have been startled, even if he was slim and fit...

Much better to stay on the correct side of the road and use the cycling pathway at all times if it is there (it is the law)

So, I'll retract my assertion of staying off the pavement in this case, however I have serious doubts whether the OP was on the correct side of the road.

I will also add a query w.r.t. the speed the OP was going at just before the incident, which seems to be irresponsible at greater than 40km/h. More so for use on a resource which is shared with pedestrians.

Safe cycling and commute back home this afternoon to the OP!

post-28936-1392723178,1118.jpgpost-28936-1392723196,3491.jpg

" Ok seems like the LHS of the sidewalk is dual usage (shared bike / pedestrian) "

what agteros said, while looking at the photo ...

Exactly People - lets be nice to each other.

The cyclist coming from behind, has no right to ask the person to move over ...

and the pedestrian can extend a courtesy, to move over, to let the cyclist through.

Peace - :thumbup: