Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

Cyclists are people, people do stupid things, Its just a pity this bunch of people happened to be cyclists at the time. A lot of other people would have done similar if not worse.

A similar thing happened in JHB South a couple of years ago, not sure what happened with those guys, but they didn't get caught on video so it wasn't as entertaining for the world to watch and spread around.

+1 ...agree with you peach ..however some hubbers never do anything wrong in their lives,they give a hundred percent to their jobs,never speed,jump red lights etc ....so that gives them the right to sit and judge other people...so sad.

Edited by urbanroyal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 ...agree with you peach ..however some hubbers never do anything wrong in their lives,they give a hundred percent to their jobs,never speed,jump red lights etc ....so that gives them the right to sit and judge other people...so sad.

:eek: :eek: :eek: AH COME ON GUYS THERE ARE LOTS OF US ANGELS :whistling:

+1

So there was a traffic light and he did overtake the cyclist earlier on.

Meaning the double parked story is complete nonsense and the person who took the video has only seen half the story, waiting to hear what happened when he overtook!

Also were words exchanged before he was 'assaulted'?

So what if words were exchanged?

Cyclists are people, people do stupid things, Its just a pity this bunch of people happened to be cyclists at the time. A lot of other people would have done similar if not worse.

A similar thing happened in JHB South a couple of years ago, not sure what happened with those guys, but they didn't get caught on video so it wasn't as entertaining for the world to watch and spread around.

Yeah bro. I know I've done some bloody stupid things in my life. But the point here is that this sort of thing is never justifiable.

So they judge other people and form an opinion, much like you just did?

And yet there you sit judging others who claim to hold a sort of moral high ground...

So what if words were exchanged?

He makes it sound as if they just jumped him for no reason and without saying anything.

He makes it sound as if they just jumped him for no reason and without saying anything.

We will never agree because your posts in this thread indicate you think violence with minimal cause is perfectly acceptable. Simply put I dont.

Maybe they did exchange words beforehand. Still. No matter which way it's spun there is no justification for their actions.

Let's just say someone cut you off in traffic. Not saying that's what happened but bear with me. Do you

A: hoot once as a warning to the guy cutting you off, then carry in as normal after correcting / braking to avoid collision

B: shake your head and carry on as normal after correcting / braking to avoid collission

C: chase him down, at the next stop light get out your car, pepper spray him, then moer him when he can't see (thanks to the pepper spray in his eyes) and klap him with a wheel spanner (wheel substitute)?

Edit: if a company owned car then there's a 2nd option to each if the above. Do a b or c and then report the driver to his company...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Maybe they did exchange words beforehand. Still. No matter which way it's spun there is no justification for their actions.

Let's just say someone cut you off in traffic. Not saying that's what happened but bear with me. Do you

A: hoot once as a warning to the guy cutting you off, then carry in as normal after correcting / braking to avoid collision

B: shake your head and carry on as normal after correcting / braking to avoid collission

C: chase him down, at the next stop light get out your car, pepper spray him, then moer him when he can't see (thanks to the pepper spray in his eyes) and klap him with a wheel spanner (wheel substitute)?

Before we answer for the sake of clarity is this being filmed :lol:

The violence is never justifiable. But if they did exchange words, its more understandable no?

And if it's more understandable then this hysteria is a little misplaced and we can get on with it.

Chris Rock says it best....

Edit: if a company owned car then there's a 2nd option to each if the above. Do a b or c and then report the driver to his company...

Did they indicate or just cut me off?

If they indicated, no stress.

If no indicator and they didn't say sorry after the first hoot then,

D: Hoot repeatedly and show them a hand gesture.

If the hand gesture is returned to me then try overtake them and cut them off and slam on brakes, therefore if they hit the back of me it is all their fault.

The violence is never justifiable. But if they did exchange words, its more understandable no?

And if it's more understandable then this hysteria is a little misplaced and we can get on with it.

Chris Rock says it best....

More understandable, yes. But an understanding of what set them off does not mean that their actions or in this case retribution was justifiable or right.

For example - I can see why someone may want to kill someone schtoeping their wife. But it doesn't mean that my understanding the reasons behind it make it an acceptable action or response to the initial problem