Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

Sub 3hr gone moertoe because of a moment of madness!

Engage brain first before you hit the road!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a check on Faisel's Argus results yesterday and after a stonking 3:01 last year, he had a decent C group seeding for this year and probably was on course for the elusive sub 3 after many years of trying. Think the greatest specific punishment has already been dealt. All the months of sub 3 training gone in one moment of retaliation...

The courts are sure to take this into consideration and will show leniency - "he's been punished enough."!

The courts are sure to take this into consideration and will show leniency - "he's been punished enough."!

Only if the Judge is an avid road cyclist........

Only if the Judge is an avid road cyclist........

If the judge is the archetypal "white van man", the UK's version of a taxi driver, then they are done for...

Question... cause I play in the bush and try stay the hell off roads.

But when you go out in a large group say 20 riders and the road that you use is say busy.. would it not be wiser to have a support car at the front and at the back?

It should also be a wake up call for PPA and clubs. Somehow they need to get control of the riders and get people to follow simple rules of the road. The next campaign should be

Red Green Cyclist understand the Bloody DIFFERENCE!!!

YES! :thumbup:

Question... cause I play in the bush and try stay the hell off roads.

But when you go out in a large group say 20 riders and the road that you use is say busy.. would it not be wiser to have a support car at the front and at the back?

To keep the weapons?

Guys, silly question.

The one's that train/ride on that stretch often, KNOWS that the stretch through Campsbay and then along Beach rd in Greenpoint is a very busy section, especialy on a Saturday / Sunday or Public Holiday. Pedestrians, Taxis, Busses, Cars looking for Parking spots, Cars pulling out of Parking spots, People disembarking from vehicles and opening doors into the taffic, etc. all poses a great danger.

Why then try and "race" through these areas. That is irresponsible and puts your own life and that of others in danger.

YES! :thumbup:

or, if we see you skipping the red light, PPA give us the right to MOER you!!! like had on Saturday ride where a rider skip the red light while passing us while we standing and waiting. we shouted to him that he must stop, he just said F@#$ you.

or, if we see you skipping the red light, PPA give us the right to MOER you!!! like had on Saturday ride where a rider skip the red light while passing us while we standing and waiting. we shouted to him that he must stop, he just said F@#$ you.

A brake system electronically linked to traffic signals. Green = disengaged. Red = engaged, no option to disengage. Also ties in with the network so that we can get direct access to the signal timing, like cars do with the pressure plates and so on.

At least the motorist parked next to us heard us shouting at him. That must have counted for a few points in her book, at least. One down, so many more to go. :whistling:

More understandable, yes. But an understanding of what set them off does not mean that their actions or in this case retribution was justifiable or right.

For example - I can see why someone may want to kill someone schtoeping their wife. But it doesn't mean that my understanding the reasons behind it make it an acceptable action or response to the initial problem

Of course not. I find physical violence almost always unjustifiable. Unless you are in a fight... Which is hard to be in if you are on the outside with your friends and you're attacking a lone person on the inside of a car.

To keep the weapons?

No man for safety..

I really just asked.. I know nada about what the roadies normally do. . So was a honest question man ;)

I have spent a total of 3 days riding a road bike.. day 1 to get used to the loaner and the other 2 doing a 2 day ride thingy with the locals. We had a support car at the front and back.

And yes I was as nervous as hell riding in a bunsh... freaked me out completely

Soooo...ek vra maar net lol

Guys, silly question.

The one's that train/ride on that stretch often, KNOWS that the stretch through Campsbay and then along Beach rd in Greenpoint is a very busy section, especialy on a Saturday / Sunday or Public Holiday. Pedestrians, Taxis, Busses, Cars looking for Parking spots, Cars pulling out of Parking spots, People disembarking from vehicles and opening doors into the taffic, etc. all poses a great danger.

Why then try and "race" through these areas. That is irresponsible and puts your own life and that of others in danger.

kind of the same reason thin guys wear WIFE BEATER VESTS