Tube vs Tubeless

Sharky535

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The next question the ekspets are gonna ask is how much do you weigh .....

I weigh 64kg's. terrain wise sand, rock, roots, mud but no beetles

What would be the recommended pressure on a 29'' 2.0 tire for trail riding?

1.8 Bar...guessing you are about 80kg's...maybe even as low as 1.7

And yes benny, psi is old school

As they said - Never, ever, ever will someone who made the change use tubes again. No matter what your budget is and what the tubeless conversion cost you will not regret it!

Imagine Nirvana in a thorn bush!

Tubeless has worked very well for me, no more pinch flats, and I can run lower pressures.

I do always carry a spare tube just in case, with a pump. That way no need for extra sealant and plugs.

Should I get a normal pump or a CO2 pump? are there any good ones that are a combination of both?

I weigh 64kg's. terrain wise sand, rock, roots, mud but no beetles

I think you will be fine with 1.7/1.8 bar up front, and 1.8/1.9 at the back as Rouxtjie suggested.

Any lower, and you might get some tire squish. How low you can go really depends on the tire and how stiff the sidewalls are.

Should I get a normal pump or a CO2 pump? are there any good ones that are a combination of both?

I carry both, a CO2 bomb will help if you are in a race and want to save time, for a training ride i use a normal pump.

I think you will be fine with 1.7/1.8 bar up front, and 1.8/1.9 at the back as Rouxtjie suggested.

Any lower, and you might get some tire squish. How low you can go really depends on the tire and how stiff the sidewalls are.

Wont riding on a low pressure (sub 2 bar) increase my rolling resistance or will it be a minor sacrifice for added grip?

Wont riding on a low pressure (sub 2 bar) increase my rolling resistance or will it be a minor sacrifice for added grip?

It might helping your rolling resistance...well if the guys in white coats and pink socks are right.

Grip is everything...smooth is fast...to be smooth, you need good contact. Its what aero is for road cycling.

Play around with different pressures and determine your own butterzone so to speak

Edited by rouxtjie