Argus Wind, Wheels?

koukie

I have two sets of wheels for my road bike, 50mm deep sections and the standard giant wheels that came with the bike. Obviously I want to use the deep sections but considering the wind for Sunday will it be a stupid idea? I weigh around 63kg.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a poefter, but I'm using my flat wheels on Sunday. I hate the gusts down chappies with deep sections.

Rear 50, front giant....

If they the same Giant wheels my friend has though then I wouldn't even consider not riding the 50s since you have them available...

If you are in the C group then rather ride the shallow section wheels, any other group and you will be fine with deep sections

Wind is looking like 20kph with gusts of 40kph. I would go with normal rims. The rear 50 with a normal front wheel is another option. Those SE gusts are gonna shake a front wheel if its a 50mm.

If you were 85 kgs, you'd really cement those 50 mm hoops.

Otherwise, rather not

Good Luck with those Deep sections, unless you have the NSRI on Standby who can pick you outa the Ocean next to Chappies or down Llandudno stretch into Camps Bay, ride your flat wheels bru!! And weighing 63kgs wont help you either...

All the best either way...

If you were 85 kgs, you'd really cement those 50 mm hoops.

Otherwise, rather not

What wheels will you be using? depth?

Wind is looking like 20kph with gusts of 40kph. I would go with normal rims. The rear 50 with a normal front wheel is another option. Those SE gusts are gonna shake a front wheel if its a 50mm.

your forecast is old or wrong.

not that gusty, but way stronger. put your big panties on this weekend kids, gonna be 25kts near the point