Car drove into me this morn - end of my Ironman

kingalton

Zero comments on that IOL article today at 14:30, none of the rabid IOL readers interested?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment beggars belief. You are part of the problem, not the solution with an attitude like this.

http://www.crushable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Read-not-Read-NeNe-Leakes-GIF-RHOA.gif

This comment beggars belief. You are part of the problem, not the solution with an attitude like this.

Let me guess - you are this aggresive when you drive your car too...

I always wear gloves while training, saturday was the first time in years that I didn't..

this is what your hand looks like if you fall without..

getting them cleaned at the hospital was FUN

Eina bliksem.

That's it, operating tomorrow, no way I can do Ironman... Super disappointing!!!!!!!

Jeez, that sucks. All the best for the operation. Heal up quick for Ironman next year.

Why don't you read the studies? It takes less time for a car to pass twenty riders riding two or three up than it does to pass a string of 20 riders in a long line. Less stress and exposure to death for everyone.

I must say, as sorry as I am for the OP for his accident, this thread has made me feel real sad for people. All the anger, aggression, threatening comments towards other people makes me feel a bit empty.

Agree

• 4 weeks later...

pins and stapples come out tomorrow, been a month today since the accident, month since I did anything to break a sweat - cant wait to get back onto my bike and go for a run...

luckily I have only picked up 1 kg in this month, the first few sessions are gonna hurt though...

Pins and staples out, was crazy sore (I might be soft) almost fainted and was very nauseous..

Doc was happy with the new xrays, bone has aligned correctly...

new cast for 3 weeks, then should be done..

going for my first run this evening and will try go for a road club ride on Sunday.. on the road back to recovery :-)