Geax Saguaro Tyre, will not go on the rim

Sidmouth

Leave the tyres in the sun for half an hour, then proceed as above.

And pray you don't trash a sidewall out on the trail.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The TNT tyres are tight, but they are also meant to be tubeless. They also are known to last for years.......

One does not simply fit a geax sagauro tyre! Took mine off one day to fill with stans - needless to say that after trashing the rim tape almost breaking my thumbs and loosing two nails.. i gave up and drank beer

Odd but Geax tyres can be fitted on WTB rims even without tyre levers.

WTB rims are nowhere near as tight. Stans pretty much set the benchmark for snapping tyre levers.

WTB rims are nowhere near as tight. Stans pretty much set the benchmark for snapping tyre levers.

Yeah i fitted Crossmark on Stans and not an easy task.

I've fitted them to a few rim variants.

The trick is (as Goya-Goya mentioned), to pinch the beads together and put them into the deepest part of the rim profile.

post-10758-0-38231600-1395057836_thumb.jpg

Move around the tyre, making sure as much of it as possible is in this "V".

Doing this should give you the much needed slack to pop in the last little bit with just 1 or 2 tyre levers.

• 5 months later...

Anybody got experience of fitting Saguaros on the standard P-XC2s that come on an Anthem 29er? I wasted 2 hours last night trying to get it right. Getting them on was OK but even with a compressor and soap, no seal. Are they compatible with these rims?

Anybody got experience of fitting Saguaros on the standard P-XC2s that come on an Anthem 29er? I wasted 2 hours last night trying to get it right. Getting them on was OK but even with a compressor and soap, no seal. Are they compatible with these rims?

What did you do step by step?

I might have the answer for you

What did you do step by step?

I might have the answer for you

Hi Rouxtjie, and thanks for the reply. I have read your posts on other forums and especially about using the sun. Unfortunately I started the process before reading your posts and the sun was way gone by the time I left the garage crying. If that is your suggestion I will have to wait until Saturday but here is what I did.

1. Cleaned out old slime from rim. ( I had tubeless Racing Ralphs on before)

2. Seated valve securely.

3. Wet rim and tyre with soapy water.

3. Put tyre on using levers and some deft footwork.

4. Spent the next 10 mins trying to inflate with compressor.

I have since watched the video on the hub and it seems the only thing I didn't do is suspend the wheel while inflating. It all seemed so easy on the video I just wondered if I was wasting my time with rims which don't work with these tyres.

Cheers

Hi Rouxtjie, and thanks for the reply. I have read your posts on other forums and especially about using the sun. Unfortunately I started the process before reading your posts and the sun was way gone by the time I left the garage crying. If that is your suggestion I will have to wait until Saturday but here is what I did.

I have since watched the video on the hub and it seems the only thing I didn't do is suspend the wheel while inflating. It all seemed so easy on the video I just wondered if I was wasting my time with rims which don't work with these tyres.

Cheers

Eish, I've inflated Saguarros with a handpump in the past

Controlled brute strength and soap water will do the job. Maybe try plastic tire levers with the metal inserts. :clap:

Cheers

hmmm, seems the problem is not getting the tire onto the rim but rather getting it to seat and inflate,

when in doubt soapy water and a garage/ petrol station compressor.

i have actually used a small paint roller and painted the bead with sealant on a stubborn WTB in the past. worked like a charm with a garage inflation. give it a try

Archived