Geax Saguaro Tyre, will not go on the rim

Sidmouth

Does anyone have experience with these tyres.

I have removed and fitted a few tyres in my time but for the life of me I cannot get these on the rim, the tyre almost feels to small for a fit onto my Archers.

Has anyone experienced the same thing

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some bike shops refuse to put them on ztr arch rims, but the do go on. Just have to muscle it abit. It's easier having a friend help you out.

Geax does not go onto Stans in the hands of mere mortals. I love them but use them on other rims. I have given up to get Geax onto Stans.

They work... I have GEAX on my Flows and they sit pretty.

Use 3 levers and they pop on like a charm. Seriously.

They work... I have GEAX on my Flows and they sit pretty.

Use 3 levers and they pop on like a charm. Seriously.

+1

They will go on, but you need to use 3-4 tyre (very strong) levers. Use two seperately from left and right side until it becomes difficult to get beading over rim. Lock them in place to keep bead from coming off again. Use the other two levers for final middle section. I also have Arch rims and struggle sometimes to get certain tyres on them.

yep - what everyone else said. CWC couldn't get them on for me.

In the end, i used a lot of sunlight soap, soaked the tyres in hot water for 10 minutes (to make them expand) and then battled like hell to get them on.

Three big, strong levers help. The little ones you get with most kits won't work.

+1

They will go on, but you need to use 3-4 tyre (very strong) levers. Use two seperately from left and right side until it becomes difficult to get beading over rim. Lock them in place to keep bead from coming off again. Use the other two levers for final middle section. I also have Arch rims and struggle sometimes to get certain tyres on them.

to expand on that, if you have a couple of clamps, once you get 3 quarters of the way round clamp the tire in place so it doesn't slip off. Then see how good your wrestling skills are with the final quarter.

Struggled getting them onto my Rovals but managed. Now need to get them off. As they say. "Dit gaan nie oor die uithaal en wys nie, dis die oprol en terugsit"

The biggest reason I decided not to use them on the Arch EX anymore - I was worried I would get a sidewall cut on the trail and then would struggle like hell in the middle of nowhere to get them on and off.

Call me Chuck Norris, but I fitted Geax Saguaro tyres onto my Arch EX rims...more than once.

I struggled the first few times. I now rub soapy water on the beads and on the rim, and they slide on almost effortlessly, definitely no need for 3 tyre levers. Granted, out on the trails soapy water will be hard to come by, but i did manage to initially fit them without soapy water (and only 2 tyre levers), though it did require a whole lot more elbow grease.

Think of - stamina, staying-power, endurance, tenacity, take the bit between the teeth; continue, insist, persist, persevere; hold on, keep up, hang on, keep on, they will eventually glide on.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT BEND YOUR RIMS!

WHAT HELPS IS:

PUT THE BEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIM... ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE THAT YOU ARE FINISHING OFF ON. AND THEN WHAT EVERYONE ELSE SAID

GO LANCE GO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I GOT CLAPPY HANDS

Archived